Advice please

22 posts Page 2 of 2

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Wed May 09, 2012 8:45 am
Good luck from me too x

les9566

Post by les9566 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 am
hello all, thanks for your support throughout all of this. what a week it was...for a start I am a man city fan and and was at the game and as a few of you are aware it was a emotional rollercoaster and the rest is history...I was still smiling when I made the call to RSM Tenon on the Thursday.... more excellent news that my offer had been accepted. I could not thank them enough and as I spoke to them on the phone I filled up at the realisation that the nightmare was over. The relief was much the same as I had felt a few days earlier at the football match and finally closure had been found.

I am accept that I am fortunate to have settled my arrangement after only 15 months and I pray that others are as fortunate as me. untill 8 years ago I had never had a credit card in my life. I have had loans and always settled them and kept clear of excessive debt. however as we all know credit cards are a timebomb. I have never been good at saving and fortunately I have a well paid job and all I ever wanted was the best for my family. once I started down the road of multiple cards and chasing the 0% offers I was doomed..I didnt know it at the time, but none of us did. Apart from being able to have closure I have accepted the errors I made and will carry them forward for the rest of my life. I will save and I will never have another credit card in my life... i will return to the values that my parents and your parents had...if you cant afford to pay cash for it.....wait!!! I thank everyone that has either read or replied to my messages, the forum owners and can I wish everyone good luck for the future and the knowledge that things can get better. I apologise for my ramble. take care and respect to you all.

thanks again les

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sat May 26, 2012 10:24 am
That's great news Les - so pleased everything is working out for you.

Good luck for the future and it's not a ramble it's an excellent post!!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat May 26, 2012 2:12 pm
Nice to see another positive post amongst the moans and groans about PPI and closures generally.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 pm
So pleased for you less. Ours was completed in 9 months due to me being medically retired at 47 and being able to offer a lump sum.

3 months on we are still living like we are in an IVA and managing to save the IVA money despite a slight drop in our disposable income. Yes we dip into it if need be but the fact is we have learnt a big lesson in those 9 months. If we cannot afford it we save, we give ourselves £70 each per month and if we want anything for ourselves it's funded by that. And I have to say I resent handing cash over as I know my purse will be lighter. An amazing difference compared to handing over a card!!

Hope things go well for you and I love a happy ending!!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Sun May 27, 2012 8:19 am
Lovely positive post.... congratulations and good luck for the future.
IVA Completed August 2011

les9566

Post by les9566 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:45 am
thanks again to everyone that has read or responded to my messages. I wish you all the best for the future and hope that the pain we go through gives us all enough strength and knowledge to never make the same mistakes again ..good luck to you all and thanks again :)
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “full and final settlements”