Advice regarding bank account

22 posts Page 2 of 2

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:36 pm
I was in a successful IVA JohnPaul but a post IVA debt croped up and the only way to deal with it was to come out of the IVA (which hasn't been easy), appoint a new IP and offer a full and final settlement as the post IVA debt also incurs the ongoing liability of a lease agreement which I am bound to. I suspect/hope that the F&F offer will be accepted ... but unless a surrender of the lease can be negotiated in the F&F it will become an ongoing liability and I will have to petition for my own bankruptcy in order to cut myself free of it ... therefore the likely scenario is that Iwill be made bankrupt by one creditor having paid everyone else off

Debbie

www.babynamings.co.uk

www.soulgrowth.co.uk
Debbie

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:41 pm
been told while on a iva if it goes wrong in any way you cant go back on a dmp plan and it states they could make you bankrupt but this would not be in the best interest as they will get nothing the creditors might be worth waiting to see what happens you ip might have sum thing in mind that you could do to help pay some of this debt of

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:49 pm
That's what I'm banking on JohnPaul ... thanks for your support [:)]

Debbie

www.babynamings.co.uk

www.soulgrowth.co.uk
Debbie

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:54 pm
no problems debbie good luck and keep your fingers crossed and hang in there

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

pippa

Post by pippa » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:43 am
Hi Fudge

Just wanted to say hello, I was wondering how you were. Good luck for Monday hope everything becomes a lot clearer after your interview. Not sure what advice to give about your account but I think Cybus is right, and if they do close your account they must give you notification so you can make other arrangements.
Let us know how you get on Monday

Take care

Pippa

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:15 am
good luck fudge keep us all posted

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

fudge34

Post by fudge34 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:58 am
thanks all you are all very kind! I will of course let you know what happens on Monday - am very nervous but she is human after all right? the OR interview will be the last bit of it bar the BI on the house so am happy to get the interview done and dusted. Once that is done I can really start to plan financially and am even hoping i can save a bit of money here and there how things have changed! I just need to get bank account sorted but Pippa think you are right they cannot just close it and take my money - I don't want wads of cash lying around the house that is the problem so need somewhere to keep it - but then maybe A&L will be kind to me and let me keep my account
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postbag for september”