Advice taken.

15 posts Page 1 of 1

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:12 pm
I am feeling much better.Was in hospital most of the day yesterday, having this that and the other sorted, home now taking it easy and what a gorgeous day it is.I am very aware of how up and down i come across, that is the nature of the beast.I have been advised to slow down and do one thing at a time. I am taking this advice.My health and well being are of paramount importance in making my IVA a success. These 2 things will be my main focus now. Whereas i've been quite cross and offish regarding my IVA and a bit pah sod it.A couple of payments in and i'm very positive about how much i have paid already and in a short space of time. What will come as part of the IVA journey is probably the sort of stability, discipline and achievement i'm really looking for in my life. I have sought support from work who provide a counselling service. It's all good. I think it will do me good to remind myself frequently that it was me who said stop and took the bull by the horns to making the changes happen.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:17 pm
Hope the councelling works out for you Quark. You've been through so much lately, you need some time out for yourself. I think you're doing great and you have such a positive attitude with regards to your IVA, I know you will make this work. Thinking of you, Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:24 pm
Quark, glad to hear that you are so much better, you certainly sound more positive.

Hope the counselling works for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:27 pm
Viki, it does take time doesn't it ? Entering an IVA isn't just about paying off your debts, on a wider scale it's about changing your life in reality. Immediately it keeps the creditors at bay, a life line is thrown, you grab it. My IVA will hopefully develop into something that just turned up at the right time, and be reflective of which way way my life was going anyway. I am off the debt cycle after nigh on 18 years, and the reward at the end is going to be brilliant.

tori

Post by tori » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:20 pm
What a truly positive outlook you have quark! i totally agree that initially the iva is a lifeline and rescue remedy for a desperate situation.but then as you get into the routine of budgeting and making your wage last for a whole month it is a very rewarding feeling.anyway keep up the positive attitude! and hope you're feeling much better[:D]x
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:22 pm
You are so right Quark an IVA isn't just about paying the debt but a new way of living. For me the first few months were such a relief then the reality of living with in a budget and having to make choices over what I spent money on and not just put the cost on a card was hard. However now I am over 3 years in I am glad I went for the IVA I can see the end and the time has flown by.

Hope you are feeling better, take care

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:39 am
Oh Quark, what a lovely thread. It is great to see this change of mind, and that you are so positive. I said to you the other day, that once you started to feel better about your IVA, then your health would start to improve because you are so much more positive, and that is already happening. Being poorly drags you down so much and then makes everything in life feel so damn hard to cope with. I am so glad you are feeling so much more positive. We have all made the decision to take the bull by the horns, and for some the transition is easier than for others, but ultimately the result is the same. We will all learn a massive amount from our experiences and the fact we are all at different stages of our journey, we can draw the experiences from others further down the line.

I have a great feeling about your journey and I am pleased that we are walking down this route together. Stay positive hun and keep well, and everything else will sort itself out.

Huge Hug

Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:50 am
Hi Quark - so glad you're feeling more positive. Like the others have said debt affects our health so much. We all deal with it differently, but I'm sure we'll all have "up and down"spells. I know had a right downer last week.

With the help of each other we'll all get through our individual journeys.

What I love about this post is it surely underlines the fact support as well as advice is what this forum is all about.

Keep feeling the positive vibes Quark and hopefully they'll rub off on anyone in need. [;)]

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:12 am
good morning quark...hope this new day continues to keep you well...great thread and good to hear you are feeling so much more positive quark...stay well...keep us informed
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:22 am
Hope you are feeling ok today Quark, and are still on the mend.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:54 am
Yes, i'm feeling ok thank you, quite quiet in myself, pottering about, still pretty positive. Gonna catch up with a few bits every day, and then go and enjoy a nice swim and steam at virgin active. One thing at a time.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 am
Good news. Don't over do it though.[:)]
Bob Marley.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:58 am
Ah Quark, take care, sounds like you're on the mend. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:06 am
Good to see you're feeling better Quark, everything you have said rings true with what we have all thought at some time. We had forgotten how to sleep more than four hours pre IVA.

Now, debt isn't the last thing we talk about before we sleep and the first thing we think about on waking. I'm not saying things aren't a struggle, far from it, but the peace of mind we now have without the constant flow of credit bills has made a massive difference to our well being and life in general.

Enjoy your swim & steam [:D]
IVA completed April 2013

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:17 am
BOT, how true that it. When I go to bed at night, I usually go to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, I never used to.

If I wake up in the night now, it's normally because I want the loo! I don't worry about what letters or phone calls I might get, it never even crosses my mind!

It's not easy, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made to tackle my debts and do my iva.
Bob Marley.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “keeping in touch”