Afraid of whats to come

21 posts Page 1 of 2

Goffy

Post by Goffy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 am
Hi everyone, me again, just wanted to offload a littl. My IP now has all my information and i have received my IVA proposal to sign, which needs some tweaking, but its pretty much there.
Im now getting calls from creditors several times per day. One calls me between 2 and 8 times a day now and im afraid to answer the phone and open the mail. Im struggling in my head that the IVA will fail and I will lose my home, that my kids and I will be on the streets and that i will lose everything, and i am worried about the future. Im hoping its normal to feel like this and i keep telling myself to stop it but im really struggling with the stupid mess im in and what is going to happen. I guess im looking for some support right now before i drive myself compeltely loopy lol x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:30 pm
Hi Goffy --- yes, we have all been through this -- emotions and thoughts all over the place -- it is a normal part of the process, which, thankfully, shouldn't last long.

The calls are a pain in the rear, but you can either ignore them or answer and simply state you are entering an IVA, give IP details and hang up --- don't get drawn into any conversation. Or, simply refuse to answer any security questions at the start of the call.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Goffy

Post by Goffy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:50 pm
Thanks Foggy. I feel a bit out of sorts at the moment, i think getting the proposal and seeing in black and white just how bad things are has hit home and im questioning how it got so bad and how i coud have let it get like this. Ive spoken to my IP today and he said not to worry as its always daunting, but i just need to shake this feeling of uselessness off. I feel like ive let myself and the kids down :-(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 pm
Far from it Goffy -- you are taking positive action to deal with the mess ( however you got into it in the past is now ... in the past!).

It does hit home when you see it written down ... until that point I thought I owed about half of what I actually did !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

recovering

Post by recovering » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:36 pm
I've just had my first review and looking at the figures again in black & white has brought back all my shame and worry BUT I am 1 year forward and i'm hoping my anxiety will calm down down gradually, I do feel much better than pre Iva hope you will too

Goffy

Post by Goffy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 pm
Thank you. :-)

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 pm
I can recognise what you're experiencing and know that many of us have experienced similar. Stay positive you're doing your best and that's all any of us can do.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:08 pm
Saty strong and positive. Your on the right road. Good luck x
Steven & Debbie

Goffy

Post by Goffy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:03 pm
Well i have sent off all my paperwork today. Ive cancelled the last of the direct debits to my creditors and now i guess i just wait. In a strange sort of way i feel a lot calmer about it, and i am more positive today. I just hope that my IVA is accepted, and once it is i can finally sleep at night and get on with my life :-)

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:45 pm
Glad you're feeling calmer and more positive. Don't forget we're here to support and give advice so any time you want a chat remember we're here.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Goffy

Post by Goffy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:26 pm
Thanks lesley. x

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:49 pm
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CPR-Global-CPR1 ... ll+blocker

Have a look at this - £40

I pulled the plug on my phone when I started the IVA route and just told people the line was having problems but now this a new way to block your creditors which I wish had been around 7 years ago and a pretty cheap solution
Last edited by herbekj on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

smiler1946

Post by smiler1946 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Hi Goffy, we have our meeting booked for Monday so I imagine i'm due a sleepless few nights. I too was worried about creditors calling and missed payments and have dreaded the phone ringing and the letters coming through the door. We bit the bullet with most of them and rang them..surprisingly most have been really good..the minute i mentioned we were in talks with a debt management company they were fine, just took the reference and contact details and that was that..some even offered to put a stop on our accounts for 30days which is great as by the time the 30 days is up we will hopefully have had the IVA accepted. Might be worth plucking up the courage and giving your creditors a call...it's not as bad as you think and trust me I'm a born worrier

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:39 pm
Calling creditors is a waste of time to be honest. I created a generic letter informing creditors of my intention to enter an IVA and all future correspondence should be to my IP.

They ignored it and there various departments continued to ring me but I just ignored them. If you are in debt to a creditor and tell one advisor your iva proposal and they say we will update our system you will get another call from another muppet claiming there is nothing about your IVA and can you make a payment.
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

smiler1946

Post by smiler1946 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:00 pm
:)your probably with but at least it's kept them of our back for the past few weeks..meeting booked for Monday so just hoping IVA passed and things will settle down....
21 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “how are you coping?”