After-Acquired Assets - Are You Aware Of This?

21 posts Page 2 of 2

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:31 pm
"I’d like to see RBS forced to hand over the PPI payments they’ve retained and not passed to my IP, to me. They’ve been punished in a way that benefits me, my finances get a much-needed boost, and my IP has cracked the whip over them for flouting the rules. ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

............ I'd like to see them paying back some of the billions we, as taxpayers, have "given" them to get them out of the financial mire which makes our indiscretions look minor.............

........but that's another soapbox :0)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Rick71

Post by Rick71 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:42 pm
And that's just for starters! :-)
IVA? Best financial decision I ever made.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:09 am
It is actually written into my proposal that PPI refunds should go first to the offending creditor and the balance (if there is one)is to go to the general body of creditors.

RBS may not have done anything wrong - even though they didn't act in the way your IP expected.

x

Rick71

Post by Rick71 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:55 am
Hmm... I'll have to check my proposal. I was going to last night but got sidetracked watching The Dark Knight..!

Rick71

Post by Rick71 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:39 pm
A year or so ago I started this topic, and as you can see other members had had somewhat different experiences and there were a variety of opinions on who gets what, how much you do/don’t get to keep, differing attitudes of IPs etc.

Yesterday I received a letter from my IP (Freeman Jones in Manchester), which they’ve sent to all their clients clarifying the position on PPI claims for people with IVAs. I post it here in the hope that it’s of some help for other members going through the PPI claim process, which I know from experience can be a real headache if you have an IVA, especially if, as I did, you find yourself dealing with bank staff with little or no knowledge of what an IVA is, let alone how it affects a PPI claim.

Of course, this may all be completely obvious, so apologies if I’m covering old ground here. But I hope it’s of some assistance.

Sorry for the second page appearing sideways - I've tried to fix that but I can't!

Last edited by Rick71 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:29 pm
Hi Rick.71

We've posted on your other thread;

http://www.iva.co.uk//forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53466#

I hope this helps.
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “tips for IVA success”