All Done At Last

8 posts Page 1 of 1

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:09 am
Hi All!

Long time no see! It has been far too long since I last made an appearance on these forums.

My last payment was made 14 months ago and yesterday I finally got through the Completion Certificate after a long delay due to PPI nonsense and a general lack of speed on the part of those handling my case.

Even though I have been better off money wise for over a year it was still hanging over me and now it feels like a weight has been lifted and I can finally move on with my life.

I would like to thank all those on this forum who offered much needed support and advice in the early days as no one really understands unless they have or are in that position or work in the sector helping people like us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My parents and School never taught me anything about money management and with access to easy credit I was stupid and got myself into a right mess. As a result I found myself deep in debt and a separated from my Wife at 29 and divorced 18 months later. This was a bad time for me but I came out of it a stronger, wiser person and was forced to learn to manage my finances carefully.

I now have no debt and other than potentially a mortgage in the future I plan to take no debt on ever again. If I want something, cash is King!!!!

I plan to get a credit card to help me rebuild my credit file only. I will use this for my shopping and other purchases but only if I have the money in the bank so I can pay it off when due.

On the personal side tomorrow I celebrate 5 years with my girlfriend and we are moving in together finally and marriage beckons in the next year or two I reckon!

At work I have been promoted to management but sadly it is not all it cracked up to be and it is taking its toll on me, a change on that front is on the cards I think.

All in all though life is far better than September 2008 when I found myself drowning in debt and I finally took my head out of the sand and reached for the phone to ask for help.

If you are reading this and are in debt and haven't done anything about it yet register and post about your situation and very good advice will be offered along with support.

[:)]
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:10 am
Great post Luke and glad to hear all is on the up (yes, management stinks -- getting battered from both sides for little reward ! )

Anyway ... as they say (well I do) "Onward and Upward"
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:10 am
Hi there and always good to hear from someone we know so to speak as well as all our new posters.

So happy you've finally got your completion certificate and you are now officially debt free, enjoy Luke. Hope the job situation sorts itself out or you do and you become very happy within the workplace.

Best wishes to you and your partner and I raise a virtual glass for your happiness together.

Once again not an easy journey but so worth it and good luck with your debt free future.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:50 am
Thanks Foggy and Lesley.

My plan is to be on here more offering hopefully some sage advice :D
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

stoneyB

Post by stoneyB » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:46 pm
Congratulations. It is a great feeling isn't it. I have a credit card for the cashback which I pay off every month (it's great to see them to pay me money!!).

To ensure I never get tempted, I keep my bank statements for the 3 months before I went into the IVA and have an occasional look. The monthly debt payments still send a shiver down my spine, but then the warm feeling, provided by my five years of austerity, soon returns!

Enjoy your debt free future.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:05 pm
Great post Luke, good luck with the moving in life is certainly on the way up for you.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:48 pm
Great to hear your update. You have so many plans in the future and your iva has really helped you to start a fresh. Good luck in the future ..don't be a stranger on the forum!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:30 pm
Plan to come around more often that is for sure.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”