All done!

10 posts Page 1 of 1

DebbieS

Post by DebbieS » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 am
Good morning,

After 5 (seemingly long) years my husband and I made our final IVA payment at the beginning of October, and although we're not officially out of the arrangement until we receive our certificate of completion, we are now debt free - hurrah!

I just wanted to offer advice to those that have just started down the IVA route or are a few years in. It may seem hard now, and a long way off to the final payment - the biggest struggle for us was in about year 2 when the initial payments had been done and 2011 was a long way a way! But stick with it as the feeling when on completion is well worth it.

I have always budgeted for every single thing I have paid on spreadsheets to ensure we know how much we have for the month. Also, if on any month you feel that you are struggling, contact your IP who should be understanding, and are there to help you get through the arrangement. For example, earlier this year when receiving maternity pay, I was able to drop my payments by £50 a month for 3 months and upped my payments by the same amount for the subsequent 3 months so I could complete successfully.

I don't regret taking the IVA out - it was a tough decision and shouldn't be entered into lightly - but I have learned some valuable lessons, and value money a whole lot more than I once should have done. It was the right road for us to go down.

Finally I would like to say thank you to those who run this forum. Although I haven't posted lots, I have dipped in and out when I've been looking for advice on certain issues of my IVA, and the information has been invaluable. It is a very useful tool!

Debs x
Final IVA payment made - 1st October 2011
Finished at last!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:26 am
Congratulations Debs, and good luck to you and your husband for the future x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:33 am
Congratulations from me as well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:01 pm
Fabulous news, well done on completion and I hope your debt free future is a very happy one. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:54 pm
Congratulations. Best of luck for the future.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:40 am
Congratulations from us also!!! You should be proud of yourselves. Enjoy being debt free x
Steven & Debbie

oscar

Post by oscar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 am
Well done Debs enjoy your debt free future best wishes
Oscar
http://rollercoaster.blogs.iva.co.uk/

need to smile today? go on check out my blogs - I'll add to them regularly
Our IVA's over YIPPEE unbelievable!Seems like yesterday it was approved despite everything

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:52 am
What a lovely, encouraging post - well done on completion and hope that you have a very happy, debt free future x

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 am
Well done ! You are now debt free and able to concentrate on the future - you have learnt some invaluable lessons along the way and are now able to focus on your future lives living in a debt free society !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm
fantastic news
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”