Allied International Credit

7 posts Page 1 of 1

sprowstonboy

Post by sprowstonboy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:41 pm
I Had a vey weird phone call with these people yesterday.

Firstly I received a 'yellow card' from them last friday, literaly a printed yellow card in a n envelope asking me to ring them. I did this and apparently they were busy and if i left a name, reference and contact number they would ring back with 90mins. % days later they ring again and left a very garbled message in a thick glasgwegian accent. In fact so thick i couldn't make out the number they were asking me to call back on. Fortunately for me, my wife is from that part of the kingdom and managed after 3 attempts to deipher the number. So i ring, a girl answers the phone and promptly mumbles something finishing with the word 'hold' and puts me on hold for 3 minutes...didn't even get any musical entertainment!

When she returns she asks for my reference number, which i don't have as it's been sent to the IP. So she gets all irate and reluctently takes my details and then, when she finds my file, demands full payment of the outstanding amount on one of my credit cards. I explain to her about the IVA and she then wants details of the IP, name, address, phone number and case officer.

I then realised that i hadn't heard the usual warning about the call being recorded so i asked about this and the little darling hung up!

Anyone else dealt with this bunch?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:08 pm
Hi Sprowstonboy. It is good to see that you are more than capable of dealing with these types of people and in fact seem to have had a little bit of fun with them. Unfortunately, there are a lot of scared and vulnerable people out there who would not have the confidence you have.

AIC are ultimately debt collectors and there is little they can actually do. You are right to inform your IP and hopefully that will be the end of them.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:47 pm
They sound wonderful! I don't know which is worse - Indian call centre or Scottish!

Sounds as though you more than held your own. Good on you!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

sprowstonboy

Post by sprowstonboy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:50 pm
Guess you'd left a message for me today?

Left a suitable message when i rang back asking them to explain why they'd rung back so soon.

Weirdly i'm starting to enjoy this...

I'll keep you informed.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Just as well you can share a little humour about this - but I imagine calls like this could really frighten som people.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:18 pm
Sprowstonboy I love the way you deal with the creditors - I just ignored mine!

Melanie is right though - a lot of people really can't cope with these calls, I hope some will read this post and realise that the bullies can be dealt with.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Cath

Post by Cath » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:18 pm
I had one today where they threatened that they would sell the debt to doorstep collectors if I wouldn't pay them and that if I didn't pay they wouldn't accept the IVA. Go ahead I said as whoever you sell it on to would be bound by the terms of the IVA and I would be protected by law ... not that mine is accepted yet but at least I knew what I was on about for a change lol!

A couple of weeks ago that call would have scared the pants off me!
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”