Almost cracked today!

31 posts Page 2 of 3

Rod Newman

Post by Rod Newman » Sat May 28, 2011 5:57 am
Oh can I pass on my IP contact details to them then? I am not actually in an IVA yet although the process is somewhere in their intray.
Rod
Most day's you feel like the statue but just once in a while you get to be the pigeon!

Judo

Post by Judo » Sat May 28, 2011 7:49 am
Morning Rod.
Yes,when you get the phone calls just simply tell them you are entering into an IVA and give them your IPs name, phone number and your reference number then then end the call. :)

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat May 28, 2011 7:57 am
Yes Rod you certainly can tell them you have an IP acting for you and their details are....might also buy time before the next call. If you're with Melanie you don't get a reference number which my creditors found hard to believe so make one up.......I did and it was never questioned.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Judo

Post by Judo » Sat May 28, 2011 7:58 am
[:D][:D] Lesley [;)]

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat May 28, 2011 8:01 am
I don't know if Melanie's team give out case numbers now but when I applied 2007 early 08 they didn't but try and tell a creditor that,they wouldn't have it. Had to be done Judo to get them off the phone. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Sat May 28, 2011 11:56 am
When my IVA was being processed last year, I did not have a ref number, however they said just make up any number, and that would do as Mels team deal with people not numbers
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:26 pm
You can pass on your IPs details but the vast majority don't give out a number so as the others have said, just make one up.

The call centres haven't a clue anyway!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat May 28, 2011 5:43 pm
I find the use of reference numbers quite frankly awful. My clients are all human beings who have unique names and addresses which should suffice any enquiry from a creditor.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 28, 2011 5:49 pm
Too true! We should be treated as such as well by the creditors, unfortunately that doesn't often happen!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kyla123x

Post by kyla123x » Sat May 28, 2011 6:42 pm
well done you stick to your guns i cancelled everything on the 8th march and got and still get up to 8 calls a day most numbers ci have now bloked but they trying to get clever and ring me off new ones! i am at the stage where they are telling me they wont stop the calls as they havent been told that i am entering into an iva by my company that im dealing with and will continue to harass me until i am accepted...how nice of them i also get 4 or 5 letters a day to say i have defaulted and they will be sending the big boys round to take all my valuble items to clear the debt....good luck with getting in my front door when there are 2 rather large german shepherds waiting behind it lol they do make me laugh i have sent back my proposal a week ago and am now just waiting for my creditors meeting date to come through so good luck hope you get the result we all want too xx[:D]

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sat May 28, 2011 6:57 pm
Rod - just ignore the calls. If you have a mobile that friends and fam can contact you on just unplug the phone. I just plug mine in to delete the messages every few days. I wrote to my creditors (although was advised it was a waste of time, just said due to ill health I couldn't make any payments, and gave the name and address of the lovely Mr Peoples who said he didn't mind taking calls, letters etc in the interim (think he quite enjoys that part of the job!!). I did attempt to speak to Egg at the start after 26 missed calls in 1 day and the guy was so rude I told him to do one (but not in that polite fashion). He was in the collections dept. So the next day told Orange I was getting nuisance calls (not a lie!!) and changed my mobile number. Don't give in - you will need a bit of a contingency fund and if you make 1 payment to 1 and not to others they will scream about favoritism.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Rod Newman

Post by Rod Newman » Sun May 29, 2011 1:02 pm
Hi all, thatnks fir the moral support and advice. Sorry it's taken me so long to get mack but things have been rather hectic past couple of days. I am now up to 9 calls, three texts and a "VERY URGENT CONFIDENTIAL MESSAGE" on their web site which says to phone them! Tries that but as i'm apparantly in default ( payments still up to date and not due until the middle of next month) they wont talk to me. Oh well thet can't say I didn't try.
Regret chaning my phone number is not an option so i will have to go with not responding to the security questions or making up a number.....something around 24 digits should keep them occupied!
It is interesting that the I was called a liar by one gentleman who called when I said I had passed it elsewhere, again considering that I am not yet in default is not exactly good customer relations is it!
Rod
Most day's you feel like the statue but just once in a while you get to be the pigeon!

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sun May 29, 2011 1:05 pm
Yeah - had all of those Rod - bear with it. You are taking action. You don't need to speak to them, don't ring them - it will just stress you out. I made my last payments in March and I haven't been shot or hung yet by any of my creditors. Don't give in - just ignore it all.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Judo

Post by Judo » Sun May 29, 2011 1:11 pm
Rod.
Some of them are like pit bulls, will do and say what they can to scare the heebi jeebies out of you for a payment and others are quite happy with a polite explanation.
Try not to let it get you down in any way. It might not seem like it right now but the letters and calls will stop. It just seems to take a while for one department to communicate with the other.
Chin up. Soon be there! :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:38 pm
Never let them get to you Rod! They are bullies and will try anything to make you cough up.
Bob Marley.
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “IVA postbag for april”