Almost there with plucking up the courage

284 posts Page 18 of 19

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:52 pm
It is great to hear from you Michael and that the business is doing so well. What a true success story yours has been, and without the need for any formal insolvency procedure - just some good commercial common sense on the part of your creditors. I am sure many of your old forum friends will be very glad to hear from you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:34 pm
Hi Mike

How great it is to hear from you and to hear how well life is now going for you and your family.

Have a very merry xmas and an even better new year.

Ang xxx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:11 pm
I'm so pleased that things have gone so well Mike, you really deserve your success. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year xxx

mike.s

Post by mike.s » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:33 pm
Thanks guys. Just got in from a good day on the market. Going to sit down now and watch some Christmas movies with my family (Muppet Christmas Carol, the best movie ever made).
Have a great Christmas everyone!
very best wishes
Mike

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:12 pm
Mike,

I have read your story - wow.

It just goes to prove that anyone who is in debt must bite the bullet and seek professional advice at the earliest stage possible. Half the problems we see is that debtors remain like Ostriches and keep their heads in the sand for too long. Meeting and discussing financial problems with an expert is the first stage to a hopeful reasonable and happy conclusion.

Most debtors wish to pay off what they can realistically afford. However some banks and credit card providers don't understand that!

I am pleased that today Northern Rock and MBNA have promised to change their criteria and I believe that pressure from people posting on this forum does help and in particular if posters can send me examples of unfavourable issues I am happy to help out.

Glad there has been light at the end of your tunnel and good luck for the future.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

1 step closer

Post by 1 step closer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:27 pm
Hi Mike

I have just read your entire thread (meant to be tidying up) and was in tears at some of your posts. You are such an incredible inspiration and a wonderful husband and dad.

Have a fantastic 2009!

Did you ever start that web site?

1 step
The more people I meet the more I love my dogs.........BR 3.3.09 yehaw! http://1stepcloser.blogs.iva.co.uk/

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 pm
Hi Mike - any news from you to update this post?
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

mike.s

Post by mike.s » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:17 pm
Hi guys,
Thanks for asking David, just popped into the forum as I've not been on for a while and I'm very pleased to say that everything is going really, really well. My wife is loving her job, the kids are doing well at school, my son has found himself a lovely girfriend (still can't believe how big he is now, where does the time go?) And my business is going so well, just expanded and doubled in size last month and looking at starting another store up on another market. Very, very busy and still can't believe how well it is all going. Such a great feeling to be able to pay for everything with our own money. Just looking at a lovely house to rent, and things are looking very good for the future, well and truly back on my feet and it feels so good. Not a day goes by though when I don't think about how much of a deep black hole I was in, and I will never forget those dreadfull feelings of complete and utter dispair, really awful. But thankfully it is all behind me, onward and upward, with business and life looking pretty rosey. I know I have said it many times before but I really couldn't have done it without all of your help and support, truly a wonderful forum, many thanks again Melanie to you and your team. All I can say is if you are in debt, at your wits end and feel like there is no way out then pick up the phone and get help now! I can honestly say there is light at the end of the tunnel and there will be a solution for you, you will get back on your feet with some help and advice, so don't sit there and suffer or put if off, speak to someone and things will get better. That first step of admitting you have a problem and need help is the hardest, the next is actuall picking up the phone and speaking to someone, but I promise that the minute you do you will start to feel better and things will improve for you. Many thanks guys.
Best wishes
Mike

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:28 pm
Hi Mike,

What a wonderful inspiring post for those of us already in our IVA's, but more especially for those just starting out. It proves that it can be done.

So glad everything is working out ok for you and your family and hope that it continues to do so.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:31 pm
What a brilliant post Mike. I'm so glad things have worked out for you, and good luck for the future to you and your family xxx

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 pm
I've had a horrid day - and that post has really cheered me up. So glad to hear that you are moving forward with life and the business is doing well. Great to hear from you and do stay in touch.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:13 pm
Melanie, Sorry to hear you have had another bad day. Hopefully things will get better tommorow. We are always here for you like you always are for us.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Max

Post by Max » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:56 pm
Anyone heard from Melanie today - strange her not being here

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:00 pm
She has made a few posts - I imagine she is busy.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Max

Post by Max » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:11 pm
Thanks - liked your post about your financial affairs are your business. Dead right you are on that one. Get Paul ivas4us to think like that will you?
284 posts Page 18 of 19
Return to “a success story”