Alternative To IVA ???

19 posts Page 2 of 2

jpj

Post by jpj » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:37 am
That was very matter of fact Optomist!!!

A credit rating affects more than just getting more cards...if affects the mortgage you can have,the phone contract you can have etc...you cant blame Steve for wanting to try and preserve his rating!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:56 am
There is always an option for everyone in my opinion and it's all individual to each circumstance, I would talk to a professional to gather your options and that way you can make the right choice for you. All the best for your future.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:43 am
I just see so much of myself in what Steve is saying - gradually getting more and more into debt and telling myself that I still have X amount of cards / credit available. If only I could turn back the clock!!!!

Steve - whatever you decide - I can say that when someone is living off their credit cards it is time to take action. You have obviously realised that and I hope you will grasp the nettle and get started asap. Good Luck!!!!
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:08 pm
Most clients I see regularly still have scores of 999 out of 1000, because they have been using revolving credit to meet their ongoing repayments without realising that this is increasing their debt problems not managing them.

I feel that your credit rating is likely to be affected just as much in a DMP than an IVA or bankruptcy, because once default notices are on record they will remain there for the following six years. If you can pay the creditors plus interest in full over such period, a DMP may well be a better option for you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for june”