an update.

20 posts Page 1 of 2

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:53 pm
Hi Everyone

Just an update. I have not been sucessful at my interviews so now i have been forced to think again, due to the stress i have suffered i have had a decline in health and have been advised to take time off anyway.

I will be declaring bankruptcy at the end of the month, the slate will be wiped clean and i will be a free lily at last. I will then be able to rebuild my health and career and my life with my lovely family.

I have had some fantastic advice on this forum and have been supported throughout, although its not all over yet, i would not have imagined dealing with this as I have without your support. I was in a terrible state when I started this journey, like the majority here.

I will be posting with my progress in the hope that it will help someone else in the same boat.

Thank you all so very much, i am very grateful

Good luck to all that have meetings coming up. i will be watching your progress and rooting for you.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

ray72

Post by ray72 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:34 pm
lily so sorry it never happened for you, did they say why, i feel for you and wish you luck 4 the future, stay in touch

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:23 pm
Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out as you hoped Lily.

Please remember, your health is more important than money. Take care, and let us know how you get on.

neverending

Post by neverending » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:25 pm
Freelili
Under the circumstances I feel that you have done the right thing.Well done to you for dealing so well with your debt problem.It will be a huge weight off your shoulders and you are so right in that you will rebuild your life and you will enjoy your family and life so much more.Keep posting and again well done,we all admire you.
regards
Andy Davie

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:27 pm
Hi Ray

An IVA cannot work because I am unemployed and unable to work at the moment. I have no assets and due to my family circumstances I have been advised to go bankrupt.

I still have to go through the process, which is quite scary but the result will be that i am free of debt, creditors harrassment and hopefully stress. I am OK with it now and can see some light and a future on the other side.

Thanks Ray and Good Luck

LILY
LILY

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:14 pm
Hi Lily,

I wish you the best of luck in all that you do...even if you are forced to go down the bankruptcy route at least you will get 'debt free' and be able to start again with a clean slate....much better than continuing to get further further in debt and along with that the continuing stress that goes with it! I agree with what others have said your health and family are what is most important...keep posting and let us know how you are doing. This site has also been a lifeline to me as well and I intend to keep posting even after I have sorted everything out...I feel I owe it as I have recevied soo much support that I want to give it back to people in the same predictament.
All the best and take care of yourself.
xx

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:56 pm
all the best for the future Lilly.

Hells

Post by Hells » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:13 am
Hopefully things will only get better for you an your family from now on.. Keep us posted on how things are going being a Free Lily!!. Hell's xxxx
[;^)]
Last edited by Hells on Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

accgroup

Post by accgroup » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:04 am
Good luck for the future Lily,

It will be interesting to hear about your experiences of bankruptcy so keep posting to let us know how you get on. Also if you have any questions about your bankruptcy the experts on this forum (including myself) may be able to help.

AccumaGroup
http://www.accumagroup.com - One of the UKs leading debt and insolvency advice firms with over 200 employees.

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:22 pm
HI EVERYONE

Thanks for your messages, I am fine, have just accepted the situation and am going for it. I am grabbing the bull neverending!

The only immediate problem I have is Banking. I am going to talk with Lloyds to ask if I can keep my new cash account. I am told the official reciver will not be interested in it but that Lloyds might close it anyway because of its non profit status. I am not sure where to go if they do. Oh and i should remove funds just prior to the judge banging his hammer, right?

LILY
LILY

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:36 pm
I have researched the many accounts available and have found that both people whom are declaring bankruptcy and doing an IVA should be eligible for the following:-

Barclays Bank - Cash Card Account

NAtionwide - Flex Cash Account

You can access Video Clips giving additional information about IVAs at:
http://www.thomascharles.com/interview_ ... an_iva.asp

If you would like more information about IVAs, other debt solutions, or just want to arrange an informal chat, please visit us at www.thomascharles.com.

Best Regards
Oliver
www.thomascharles.com
Best Regards
Oliver

RICKI

Post by RICKI » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:37 pm
Hi Freelili,
Just a quickie on the subject of bank accounts: I was informed by First Direct (my current bank) that, because I'm in an IVA, they're unable to offer me banking services anymore.I've been given 30 days before my account will be closed.
The account I decided to go for was the Cashminder with Co-Operative Bank. As long as you have no history of fraud, they'll consider you and they do accept undischarged bankrupts into this account. Obviously there is no chequebook or overdraft but I received my Electron card this morning so at least I will have some freedom still!It took about 4 days before I found out that my application has been accepted.
Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
Take care,
Erica. x
Last edited by RICKI on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:18 am
Hi Erica

Thanks for your reply, can you tell me how to apply to coop for a cashminder, i have heard this before but i dont know how.
havent actually spoken to lloyds yet, thought i would wait until some credits have been paid in which will happen soon.

LILY
LILY

illihor

Post by illihor » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:55 am
Lily

I think with co-op you can do it in the branch or by post, not positive though.

When we were looking around for accounts we eventually decided upon the Halifax "Easycash" basic account. This comes with a visa electron debit card and internet banking, which is a real bonus. The only downside is that you cannot apply in branch and have to do it by post. If you sign up via the internet for it, all they end up doing is sending you the postal application pack anyway, much quicker to pickup a pack from your local branch. Hope this helps.

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

accgroup

Post by accgroup » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 am
Hi Lily

Just a quick word of warning, when the bankruptcy order is made all your bank accounts are likely to be frozen at this date so you will need to open a new account after the order is made. I would suggest trying to deal in cash if possible during this hiatus period.

Hope this helps

AccumaGroup
http://www.accumagroup.com - One of the UKs leading debt and insolvency advice firms with over 200 employees.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”