an update.

20 posts Page 2 of 2

RICKI

Post by RICKI » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:49 am
Hi again,
I called CoOperative Bank and made my application over the phone (08457 212 212). My application was referred due to my credit history but I was given an application number and told to call as often as I wanted to see if there was any progress. I made the first phone call on the monday night at 7.30pm(ish) and I found out on the Thursday that my application had been approved. Less than 1 week later, I received my Electron card and today I've got my PIN number and paying in book. I've also got access to their online banking facilities. The staff were lovely, they understood my position and said that they often accept bankrupts too as they know that we all need a basic bank account, so why turn people away? I'm still really annoyed that First Direct have cancelled my account with them because I'm in an IVA but at least I now have an account sorted. I'll be writing to First Direct to complain about the service (I've been totally honest with them about my situation from the start, but apparently it's a new clause that they won't offer any services to anyone in an IVA). But before I complain, I'm going to make sure that my money is safe in my CoOperative account!!
Good luck and take care,
Erica. x

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:37 pm
Thank you both,

I will wait until the bankruptcy order is made, hadnt realised that, thanks. Its great news that you have access to online banking Erica, i do find that useful. Can you withdraw cash from any machine? My nearest co-op bank is 12 miles away.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:35 pm
i can access any machine that has Link which is most of them

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:36 pm
I have to wait until the bankruptcy order is made, which will be soon after christmas. Then as a bankrupt I have three choices Barclays, co op and Nationwide. I think it will be nationwide as theres one in my small town.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:07 pm
soon enough Lilly you will be on your way to freedom.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”