Annual Review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:48 pm
As most of you probably know, our IVA's are done through Payplan, and we are coming up to the 11th month.

Phone call out of the blue this morning asking if we were free to do the annual review! Totally gobsmacked as we weren't expecting it just yet.

It was arranged for 11am so that we could get all our stuff together so we knew what we were talking about!

Anyway, after going through everything, even with my payrise and the fact that the mortgage has gone down, our payments haven't gone up! I even had some back pay from the rise, and they don't want any of that either!

All we have to do now is send off the last three payslips and our P60's when they come and that's it.

Well pleased with that result!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:55 pm
Good news Jan, and a big well done to Payplan for showing some common sense as regards to your payments and the general cost of living at the moment.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:57 pm
I was impressed as well. I really thought that with the mortgage going down, and the payrise, that the payments would have risen a bit.

Relieved they haven't!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:03 pm
I'm glad it went well x

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:17 pm
Great news xxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:38 pm
Glad to hear it Jan and as Size5 says it shows good sense from Payplan. I often despair at creditors and their agents trying to squeeze every last penny out of a debtor which puts the whole proposal at risk. It is in everyone's best interest for the proposal to be affordable and sustainable and that is what Payplan have done.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

baz36

Post by baz36 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:56 pm
Hi, we had our 2nd annual review recently, its our 2nd year but first review with Payplan as we transferred from Debtmatters.

Ours is due 7th March but about 4 weeks ago had a missed call on my phone from them, but then received an email just asking if i could make a convenient appointment with them so we could go through it over the phone.

Anyway eventually didnt do it over phone (you dont have to) and found it easier them sending me the income & expenditure form (because you have to sign it anyway) then I sat down at my convenience and went through it all.

Was quite stressed about it, currently we pay £463 per month, anyway after working it all out we was left with £471, no big deal.

Was even amazed as we could include school lunches which was great, think I put down £70 for 2 children per month, anyway nervously sent it back and a few days later received a reply saying that all was fine and payments to remain the same. All that worry for nothing.

If anyone wants any info to what went on our expenitures let me know.

I was really stressing for no reason at all.!

molly16

Post by molly16 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:01 pm
nice one jan ,
we are with synergi , the send us i&e once a year and as for payslips and p60s once a year .

molly16

Post by molly16 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:03 pm
we did review november and they wanted extra £162 of us , paying it back £40.50 over 4 months. i have put kids school trips on our i&e, infant school (robbing so and so's) even my hrt goes on there .......

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:19 pm
I was quite happy to do it over the phone - we had an hour in which to get our stuff together and with our original I&E in front of us, online banking open and payslips at the ready it was quite easy to go through.

She didn't mention anything about sending a form through for us to sign, but if she does, we will just sign it and send it back.

I was just so happy that it was painless and nothing changed. We can relax now for the next 12 months.

Molly, don't blame you for putting all that stuff down, you have lay it out don't you?

Is your hrt the only thing you have on prescription? If not, have you thought about a prepayment certificate? I take quite a few tablets so it pays me to do that. It cost £10.84 a month for 10 months.
Bob Marley.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:51 pm
Jan

Just ensure you get it in writing that no change for this year......that's all I would say!

Well done though - it is a big relief !

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

molly16

Post by molly16 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:52 pm
yep only the hrt and it will last me about 5 weeks( im scary with out it ), had to have it all out last year due to a tumour( which grew with last baby) and im only 37 !!! so we had one free month from iva payments as hubby had to take unpiad leave, to look after kids, and we had to repay that over the last 11 months. i have everything on my i&e. we did just take out new car warranty policies with tesco, so any big problems with car we should get all bills covered.( apart from wear and tear) iva company happy enough with that ! we had to pay £221 for new coil things on our car, if any thing major went wrong we would be stuffed

noiva

Post by noiva » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:07 pm
Howdy,
There are febrile rumours in the making that inflationary pay for 2008/09 will be axed right across the employment sectors.Whatever execuses that are been fiendishly crafted especially by government employers it will not wash.If Inflationary pay increase is to be axed then Insolvency Practioners ought to allow for any extras from other means of pay increase of even 7%-10%.Local council officials are convinced this will happen.One would want to keep all the wonga one can get

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:15 pm
That's not so bad then Molly, it won't be worth your while getting one.

Before I had all mine removed I was a wreck without HRT, don't take it now though and I seem to be fine (hubby might disagree with you though!)

luluj - Payplan have said they are sending a letter out tonight, so hopefully should be with us in a couple of days.
Bob Marley.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”