Another Grant Thornton Problem Rears Its Ugly Head

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
31 posts Page 1 of 3

Downhearted Lady

Post by Downhearted Lady » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:14 pm
Hi All,

Remember me? Well guess what, I finished my IVA last November and still have NOT received my C of C and further more Karon from GT that was so helpful has Vanished like the scarlet pimpernel. My credit file is still showing me in an IVA, I am on the brink of losing my house coz my hubby left me 4 years ago and he has gone bankrupt and my mortgage company wont let me have a mortgage on my own until the IVA is cleared.

Anyone got any suggestions???
Final Payment made Nov 2012 after 72 months
C of C received - 18/10/2013 - + 11 months
NOW Debt Free woo hoo
GT are still a joke

Downhearted Lady

Post by Downhearted Lady » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 pm
I am at present looking at going to either Watchdog or "Don't get done get Dom" and Martin Lewis. We really need to go public with GT and if I really get desperate then the Sun newspaper may help.

This issue with GT really needs to be sorted as it is peoples lives they are messing with!!!!
NOW Debt Free woo hoo
GT are still a joke

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:46 pm
I don't think that Karol has disappeared - I was speaking to her myself just a couple of weeks ago.

Have they told you exactly what is causing the delay in effecting your closure?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Downhearted Lady

Post by Downhearted Lady » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 pm
No I have sent emails to them and Karol and get the automated reply's that someone will be in touch but never do. I completed Six years last November and since have had a heart attack from all the stress, Just want closure now once and for all, Thanks for your reply Mel.
NOW Debt Free woo hoo
GT are still a joke

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:25 pm
So sorry to hear that this is adding to problems with your health. Have you actually tried calling Karol at her office to see if she will speak with you?

Downhearted Lady

Post by Downhearted Lady » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:27 pm
Hi Mel,

I have never had a number for Karol, Just an email address but she is not replying to my mails.
NOW Debt Free woo hoo
GT are still a joke

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:30 pm
If you would like to drop me a line to my own e-mail address with your details, I can try and get Karol or her line manager to call you. I am sure they would both want to try to amicably resolve this issue for you to the best of their ability.

Downhearted Lady

Post by Downhearted Lady » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:37 pm
Have sent details for you via your website
NOW Debt Free woo hoo
GT are still a joke

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 pm
No problems - I'll be happy to follow this up for you tomorrow.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:14 am
Downhearted Lady if you need some more moral support and hard evidence if you take the public route im more than happy to aid in what ever way i can GT have made a mockery of Ip's and thats not fair on the responsible IP'S and all those stuck in CC limbo.
Karol stopped talking to me too once they realised i wasnt paying them anymore money.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!

Downhearted Lady

Post by Downhearted Lady » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:23 pm
Here is an email received today from GT, To be fair it is baffling me what the hell they are on about?? Perhaps just another delaying tactic by GT???

Good Afternoon Mrs (Name withheld),

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to hear of your frustration with the closure process.

I am writing to advise the team are currently working on the final administration of your case however as you may be aware there are matters regarding PPI and VAT which must be addressed prior to our issuing of the Final Report to you and your creditors. I understand you had engaged with the firms Claims Management Company in respect of PPI and thank you for the same.

The issue of VAT on Nominee and Supervisor fees in IVAs which arose from the Paymex decision brought with it unforeseen and considerable complications which have particularly impacted on the closure of voluntary arrangements. The position has been further compounded by the position HM Revenue & Customs is now adopting in relation to approved IVAs which are transferred to another Insolvency Practitioner, which appears to runs counter to the Paymex decision. Until that matter is definitively resolved – and the time frame for doing so is, by definition, unknown – it impact our ability to close your case.

In simple terms therefore, I am proposing a variation to the terms of your arrangement to facilitate closure now on the basis that the VAT issues can be resolved at a later date is self-evidently in your best interests. In the (unlikely, I trust) event that you do not wish to propose a variation on the terms suggested, then I will endeavour to complete your IVA and will – as Trustee over arrangement assets which I become in such circumstances – liaise directly with the beneficiaries of the trust - your creditors - to agree appropriate remuneration. I understand you have currently declined your consent to the proposed variation and I would be grateful if you would reconsider your position in this regard.

I trust that this clarifies the position and would hope that we can now work together to progress the closure of your case.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact Customer Services on 08448552166.

Kind Regards

Claire
NOW Debt Free woo hoo
GT are still a joke

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:57 pm
It sounds like they want to propose a variation of the terms of your IVA and let your IVA conclude now and the VAT and PPI issues can be dealt with at a later date for the benefit of the IVA.

I'm sure Melanie or someone else will have more of an idea and hopefully be along to explain its contents in plain speak a little later.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Downhearted Lady

Post by Downhearted Lady » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:07 pm
Mmmm Confused,

My IVA finished last November after 6 years payments,
NOW Debt Free woo hoo
GT are still a joke

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 am
I think they merely want to vary the arrangement to enable it to be closed, and allow them to deal with the VAT and PPI issues outside of the arrangement. This is beneficial for you, as your case then gets closed, your name gets removed from the Insolvency Register and your credit file gets updated. I would give it serious consideration if I were you.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:53 am
It seems to be their generic letter sent out to people i got the same one from same named person yesterday even though i was asking for written confirmation they was refusing to issue a CC because i refused to raise my Fee's cap.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!
31 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”