Anyone else experiencing being plagued with calls from EIC ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
21 posts Page 1 of 2

ioweioweitsofftoworkigo

Post by ioweioweitsofftoworkigo » Sun May 26, 2013 10:20 pm
We have an IVA through Grant Thornton. We were being plagued with calls from 0800669091 who we thought were a bogus company. Just saw on another post that they are EIC working in the same office as GT. We have had no problems with GT so far, 2 years in, but find the constant calls, rudeness of the caller and the fact that all the accounts on the spotty envelope forms were wrong. I will be calling GT on Tuesday, to get to the bottom of it, but wondered if anyone else is experiencing this? Thanks for reading this.

geordie123

Post by geordie123 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 pm
Yes we have had these constant calls. They were spouting account numbers at us that were not on our iva and expected us to call Barclaycard to investigate we did not do this as we thought they were expecting us to do their dirty work for them. After all they will be getting paid for this work. They asked about accounts that had been paid off and not included in our iva and it was quite intimidating. The calls have stopped so hopefully they have sorted it out. We told them that Barclays had already investigated PPI and we were not owed any money but they would not accept this.

Biscuits

Post by Biscuits » Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 am
Same !!! It's got so bad now I've actually switched of the answer phone and when I'm home sometimes unplug the phone.
It's like being pre IVA again the phone never stops.

I keep meaning to complain to GT but I get the feeling they won't care that much.

I've signed the letters and agreed to be investigated PPI
Even though never once did I tick the box to pay payment protection I know because I always had the moral if I lost my job paying a loan would be the least of my worries!!!

So yes same here !
*** Don't look back, you're not going that way ***

IVA Completed 27-11-2013
CC Dated 07-08-14

ioweioweitsofftoworkigo

Post by ioweioweitsofftoworkigo » Mon May 27, 2013 8:25 am
Thanks for the replies, I am sorry you are experiencing the same, but its nice to know we are not alone. I will let you know the result of my call to GT after I call them tomorrow, Tuesday. I agree, this is why we took out an IVA, to stop being harassed and bullied. Another question, were your numbers given out to other companies? We have been plagued by calls from will writing firms, accident claims, and PPI claims, even though only my family and GT know the personal mobile number. So my number could only have been released by GT or a subsidiary.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Mon May 27, 2013 8:41 am
EIC and GT Share same offices and are GT's preffered partner for PPI they also share GT's database.
I found this out after they kept sending sensative documents to a random address instead of mine.
I,d advise you to register with the telephone preference service http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html
And when they ring tell them they are cold calling and your are on the telephone preference service and should remove your details from thier dailing list.
50% chance of stopping them but if they dont report them and they get fined and losing money always stops them.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!

Biscuits

Post by Biscuits » Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 am
Oh My goodness iowe, Yes I also get 4 or 5 calls a day on my mobile as well, from PPI & Mobile contract, it never occurred me that they had handed out my No. it should have done as I've had the same Mobile No for 10 years now and this has only just started.....
fortunately my contract can be cancelled as it's up for renewal, I'll go with with T-Mobile / EE as I know we can get phones through them.

Please let us know how you get on tomorrow and if we should all be doing something to stop it.

Thanks - Good to know we are not alone. :)

IVA Completed 27-11-2013
CC Dated 07-08-14

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am
Please do contact me via email at ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com with IVA Forum in the subject line and I will look inti this for you - EIC may need to speak with you to complete outstanding paperwork.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards
Karol

ioweioweitsofftoworkigo

Post by ioweioweitsofftoworkigo » Mon May 27, 2013 2:02 pm
Hi Karol, Had a call this morning from the 0800 number, explained that I was unsure of the call being genuine, they accepted this. so I then called GT customer services to see if the number was genuine, it is. Basically it was to do with saying yes to allowing GT to pursue PPI, Charges VAT etc. So hopefully all sorted for now. The reason we thought we were being hounded is because we have experienced lots of PPI and nuisance calls from different numbers. There was supposed to be a letter sent out about this, but unfortunately we haven't received it, therefore the confusion with the phone number being unknown to us. I have seen on the internet that someone is pretending to be GT to get details, once again caused us to be a bit wary. So hopefully all sorted now.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm
Ask EIC/GT what address they have for you if you havent got a letter they may be sending it elsewhere.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!

nickjohn

Post by nickjohn » Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 pm
We got these calls continuously and every time we explained that we did not want to sign the letter yet they still kept calling. The latest tack is they send text messages saying as we have not responded then they are going to send a field agent round to our house with a form for us to sign.....

We called EIC/GT again on Saturday and told them this is basically intimidation. You gave us 2 options and we accepted one of them, just because it is not the one you want us to accept does not mean you can harass and intimidate us until we change our mind..

We have made PPI reclaims ourself and put all the money, including interest, into the IVA pot and without deducting any third party fees, We did this for the benefit of our creditors so they got the full amount..

joanna144

Post by joanna144 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:54 pm
I keep getting phone calls. I also keep getting told they will update their files. The guy yesterday was really apologetic but the information EIC have is incorrect and this is scary. If this information is wrong what else is wrong. I hope nothing. But I have images of post going to a house that is derelict which is what has happened to one of the homes we were in for a time. What do the post office do with post they cannot deliver. GT do have an up to date address and phone number for me but EIC obviously do not.

ioweioweitsofftoworkigo

Post by ioweioweitsofftoworkigo » Tue May 28, 2013 6:00 pm
No calls today. But then we said yes to letting them do their checks. We also got a text saying about the field agent before I called GT customer services yesterday. We also put a claim in ourselves for a refund of PPI which went into the pot. Not sure what else they can get back.

ioweioweitsofftoworkigo

Post by ioweioweitsofftoworkigo » Tue May 28, 2013 6:19 pm
Having read all the replies to my original post, there seem to be several common issues that hopefully GT and EIC will pick up from our comments. Incorrect data relating to account numbers by EIC, incorrect transfer of personal data from GT to EIC, and the calls and texts to get us to say yes to the PPI investigations.
The post office used to have a dead letter section, not sure what they do now.
Good luck to everyone.

Biscuits

Post by Biscuits » Tue May 28, 2013 8:48 pm
Just a thought .... Is it not classed as harassment ??

IVA Completed 27-11-2013
CC Dated 07-08-14

Hunter1

Post by Hunter1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:07 pm
My last payment was in April 2012. I had a number of creditors onone of which had any PPI on them.

EIC contact me about a year ago and I told them this and wrote to them.

I have subsequently recieved 5 different letters and about 10 phone calls over the last year asking me to contact my creditors about claiming PPI. Every time I have written to them and told them on the phone there is nothing to claim.

The last call was about 2 months ago when I lost my temper with the poor lady on the phone (not her fault I know) and told them in no uncertain temrs what I thought about them.

I've heard nothing since then (April) but also nothing from Grant Thornton on completion (which is now 14 months past due).

This is appalling and I woould advise anyone needing an IVa to steer well clear of GT. I can't do anytihng about clearing up my credit history which is still ruined more than 6 years after entering my IVA.
21 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”