Anyone in Kent who's recently started an iva?

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Ajay1992

Post by Ajay1992 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:52 pm
Whilst I plan on settling early the iva will be with me for the next 6 years. Well, October 2026 wahoo. Whilst I feel a bit silly for jumping into it given recent inheritance and redundancy payment pending I honestly believe this impact to my credit record will stop me from being a silly sausage in the future. It would be nice to know people local or relatively local in one. 28 and plan on getting a joint mortgage with my lovely partner at the end of the 6 years. With settling early this will give me a slight advantage to save for a deposit. What are others plans once the iva is done and dusted? How are you all finding it so far? It would be great to know there is a fairly local support ring.

Ant

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:20 am
Great post and great attitude .... 6 years will fly by and as you say you will be able to learn to budget and save at the same time due to your circumstances.

Once you have a good deposit saved, start working with a whole of the market mortgage broker, who will be able to give you early indication / advice on what you need to do and when.
The forum has two such brokers Ryan and Shaun.
I can personally vouch for the work of Ryan and his team at Zebra - they have helped us now for over 10 years in gain our first mortgage post iva completion due to inheritance and a subsequent one just recently to set a fixed rate ....

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Ryan: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488
Shaun: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ajay1992

Post by Ajay1992 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:19 pm
Thanks luluj, I think once I've settled my iva I'll drop them an email to see where I go from there. :)

lauren923

Post by lauren923 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:40 pm
Hi ant :)
I am not far away from Kent , I am 25 years old and 7 months into an iva , being so young myself I find it a little hard with the iva as I don’t have anyone in my age group to talk to about it , and do feel on my own sometimes with it , my family do not know about my iva and my friends cannot relate to me , so If you ever want to chat let me know :) lauren .

Ajay1992

Post by Ajay1992 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:51 pm
Hi Lauren,

My family don't know about my iva, nor do my friends, although my partner does. I would never tell my parents because my dad is a previous bankrupt and I honestly feel like I would be seen as such a failure in his eyes to follow in his footsteps of insolvency. On the plus it's getting sorted and the relief I feel is unreal. I would be more than happy to chat :) I'm only a few months behind your iva so it's nice to know someone young who's also so fresh into it.

Ant

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:03 pm
Hi, Lauren and Ant.

Age and location matter little on here. If ever you want to talk, rant, ask a question, or share a worry or triumph, there is usually someone around. Never feel alone.

I am an old fossil from the west country, but there are some younger fossils here too :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Ajay1992

Post by Ajay1992 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:16 pm
Haha thanks Foggy, I think it's great to have all aspects. People who have been in their iva's longer and have a bit more experience as well as those who have long been out of the iva sharing experience now their records and clean :) so far everyone has been very helpful and very supportive.

Ant
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”