Anyone with Clear Debt who can help me overcome delay in receiving completion certificate ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
38 posts Page 1 of 3

Matthewdcr

Post by Matthewdcr » Mon May 05, 2014 1:02 pm
Hi Everyone!

I will be making my final payment into my ClearDebt IVA on May 26th after 5 long years. ClearDebt have been brilliant all the way through however I am becoming increasingly concerned with the PPI Claim with DRSP.

I initially filled in paperwork in December 2012 and was told it would be complete in 16 Weeks. I heard nothing until the middle of last year asking me to fill in more paperwork which i did. Then the end of last year I was again asked to fill in some more claims which i did. The problem with DRSP is that they don't keep you updated and don't answer emails or return calls. Is anyone on here with ClearDebt or DRSP who can help? After my last IVA I want to start clearing up my credit file and I don't won't a PPI claim continuing which has gone on for near 18 months. All I want is a status update and confidence it will be complete by the end of May or June at the latest so I can get my completion certificate

Matthew

poppy6

Post by poppy6 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:14 pm
Good luck with that Matthew!

We made our final payment to ClearDebt in August last year. We also completed the paperwork with DRSP in December 2012 for the PPI claim.

We are still waiting for our completion certificate and expect to wait a good while longer. Like you, no updates from DRSP apart from getting us to sign more forms to claim PPI from companies that they have already tried to claim from!

Its a real shame to be honest as ClearDebt have been excellent over the 5 years of the IVA but cannot close our case while the PPI claim is ongoing.

Poppy

Dan76

Post by Dan76 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:10 pm
Hi
I am also with Cleardebt and like yourself had a PPI investigation begin back in December 2012. It is still ongoing and the progress of it sounds exactly the same as yours - Very poor, slow with no updates and a lack of information on the whole. I know there are a few other people who use this forum that also had PPI claims with DRSP begin in December 2012 and are also in the same position as us. Luckily I have just over a year to go on my IVA but the way they have handled it so far it's already starting to sit in the back of my mind that it will not be concluded even by then!
I agree that Cleardebt have been very good during my IVA so far too but I believe DRSP are more or less part of Cleardebt and even share the same site. If this is the case then they are letting themselves down!
I hope its all sorted for you soon and hopefully you'll get your goodwill 500 quid to spend on IVA completion party :-) too.
Dan

susieq73

Post by susieq73 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:29 pm
Hi,
I am in the same boat, Initial meeting with DRSP in Dec 12 and I am still being asked to complete paperwork. I know just over 6K has been paid into my IVA as it showed on my annual statement last week after my 3 rd review. I still have 2 years to go so not too much of an issue but agree, Cleardebt have been great so far but DRSP leave a lot to be desired.
Susie
x

IVA Accepted 31st March 2011.
IVA Ends 31st March 2016.

James_R

Post by James_R » Wed May 07, 2014 5:39 pm
Hi,

Wish I could offer something more than adding my name to the list of disappointed clients. I too have been waiting (since January 2013) for any sort of update.

My only advice would be to chase them by phone, as they've not responded or even acknowledged my two letters and three emails, incredibly poor in my opinion.

It's been 4 months since my last call to them, perhaps I should take my own advice! He who shouts loudest....

Good luck!

James

moira723

Post by moira723 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:41 pm
Our story is very similar. An IVA is not pleasant , but ClearDebt made ours as relaxed as they could. We have no complaints with them or DRSP we have never had a problem contacting them.
The problem is the length of time the PPI process takes. Ours has taken 14 months so far and lengthened our IVA into an eighth year. We are now in limbo. Our IVA is finished but we cannot get a CC until the PPI investigation is completed.
In frustration, we have contacted the FOS. They are writing tonClear Debt. Watch this space and good luck.

mark1973

Post by mark1973 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:09 am
HI,

Finally finished my IVA (last payment April 2014) however I have fallen into the DRSP trap. Originally had a rep from DRSP come to the house well over a year ago and still being held up with the ongoing PPI debacle.

You may be aware I have had multiple issues with Cleardebt so April 2014 should have been a happy time, instead I am now chasing Cleardebt and DRSP for resolutions to the PPI claims.

My IVA was extended to 6 years and although I have finished payments I am still in limbo until the PPI is resolved. DRSP seem to be going over the same ground again and again. e.g.. originally had Debts with Cahoot, which are now Santander and DRSP seem to be chasing the Santander debts as new accounts. I have constantly been telephoning DRSP and Cleardebt and it is like banging your head against a brick wall.

The frustration is I have never had PPI insurance so the whole process is a wasted exercise. Cleardebt almost "bullied" its customers into signing up with DRSP so I think they have to take some of the responsibility and start sorting the situation out. They are quite happy to let the customer chase DRSP when they should trying to resolve the issues.

It is not acceptable to hold Completion Certificates up for what is turning out to be a complete debacle.

regards

Mark

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 14, 2014 7:44 am
Whether procedurally correct or not, I really think everyone with these PPI hold up problems should bombard the regulators, who are either unaware ( surely not! ) or uninterested (again, surely not).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

mole

Post by mole » Wed May 14, 2014 8:59 am
Another massive thumbs up for Cleardebt who have been fantastic and understanding over the last 5 years, however it cannot just be coincidence that we are all in the same position with regard to DRSP. Process started at the end of 2012 and still no end in sight.

I know many people who have sought their own claims or have used management companies and everything should be resolved in 6 month maximum. There is obviously something very wrong here. Either incompetence, lack of resource or both!

Cleardebt claim to be independent of DRSP, if this really is true, then they are the paying customer and should be up in arms about the timescales and poor service they are receiving. The fact they do not seem to care, tells its own story IMO.

Come on cleardebt, you can see from this thread you have happy customers but are letting yourself down with whole episode.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed May 14, 2014 6:51 pm
Hi

I would welcome a response on here from Cleadebt CEO David Mond

Regards
Andam Davies

mark1973

Post by mark1973 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Me too Andy, I know a lot of people have favourable comments about Cleardebt but I am afraid I am not one of them.

The true test of a company is not how they treat the 95% of people who have no issues, but how they step up for the 5% who have problems with their IVA.

I have been on the phone with DRSP again today and they always have another hurdle to throw at you. Cleardebt should not have "bullied" people into signing up with DRSP if they could not guarantee they could handle the job and workload.

It is so frustrating how these companies, and yes I mean Cleardebt aswell never seem to face any reprimands or penalties when they clearly "mess' things up.

It is clear from the amount of complaints on this forum alone, that Cleardebt and DRSP have a lot to answer for. An IVA is stressful enough without having the final stage held up with the PPI situation..

David Mond always like to come onto the forum to try and "debunk" peoples complaints but I think it is clear not just with my case they have made monumental *****ups and have caused a lot of people unnecessary grief and aggro.
Last edited by mark1973 on Thu May 15, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poppy6

Post by poppy6 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:09 pm
I too would welcome a response from David Mond. Maybe Melanie or Size5 could give him a nudge :-)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 16, 2014 8:18 pm
To be fair to Cleardebt, they were at the forefront of trying to get this PPI fiasco sorted -- but somehow got stonewalled.

Of course, this doesn't absolve them from putting up with an abysmal claims company.

I cannot see why any of the larger companies who have employed incompetent claims firms put up with them ... unless, that is, there is some not obvious business reason.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

llamedos

Post by llamedos » Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 pm
What I find utterly ridiculous is that my father in law (not in an IVA) persued his own PPI claims. The whole process took 4 weeks from start to finish.

Our debacle with DRSP has been a year so far with no sign of an end in sight. I was insistent that I had never taken PPI and to be fair to them, I was proved wrong when they found it on a credit card. However, I have a letter dated July last year from the creditor which confirms a payment would be made in 28 days - it's far below the £500 goodwill limit, so after the DRSP 'fee' is all mine, yet they and cleardebt are clinging on to it. I had hoped it would have been in time for Christmas (bearing in mind they have had it since August) but they are still refusing to hand it over until all accounts are sorted.

I am sick of signing paperwork, and with each one comes two blanks which also get signed and sent back yet they still ask for more to be signed?!
The end is in sight - months not years!

Looking forward to a brighter future for my children!

susieq73

Post by susieq73 » Sat May 17, 2014 7:19 am
Yes my other half, received forms from Lloyds Bank in June last year for PPI claims on his loans that he had. First PPI payment was received in August and 2nd in September. No company involved and it was a painless process but as i said in my last post on here....I still keep getting forms to sign and return and that has been since first meeting of a DRSP person who came to my home..in December 12.
Susie
x

IVA Accepted 31st March 2011.
IVA Ends 31st March 2016.
38 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”