APOLOGY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS

41 posts Page 3 of 3

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:41 pm
Bagpuss - don't worry, you post good advice and common sense and I can actually read what you've written!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

lily

Post by lily » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:59 pm
Bagpus its great that you give advice. It does feel a bit strange at first. When I first started posting I wasnt sure if I should do this either but its us that can identify with these people and their fear, stress and dispair.

lily
lily

kerrie2

Post by kerrie2 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:08 pm
HI GUYS
IVE NOT BEEN AROUND MUCH TOO AND READ THE POSTS TODAY TOO BY JP AND I MUST SAY WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE AND PEOPLES TIME
WE ARE ALL HERE FOR HELP AND THESE KIND OF PEOPLE DO NOT HELP WHEN THEY ARE POSTING SILLY AND STUPID ARTICLES
IM NOW ON A DMP AND LIFE IS ALOT BETTER AND I FEEL THAT AS LIFTED A HUGE WAIT OF MY MIND
THANKS TO AL THAT POSTED TO ME YOU WERE A GREAT HELP.
KERRIE
XX

kerrie kirkham
kerrie kirkham

lily

Post by lily » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:38 pm
Melanie

If you stop posting it would be the playing into the hands of people messing about with the site. I really hope that noone ever drives you to this. I did think that this poster was just a lonley person with fiscally challegned IQ. I had never been on or posted on an internet forum before I posted here so I havent gotten onto the ropes of these kind of things yet. It must be very frustrating for you, and everyone managing the site. I think the forum has grown into an all new and better place since you came along, I was posting pre melanie (not saying the forum wasnt great then becuase it was).

Anyway I am sure that you would be really missed, you have helped a lot of people here, we are all greatful for that.

lily
Last edited by lily on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lily

Maz

Post by Maz » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:25 pm
oh dear I just got back home from work and read this! I did think this was getting a bit out of hand yesterday when I logged in and what kind of person is this!!!? It makes me think how many more weirdos are out there!

jpj

Post by jpj » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:07 pm
I think he just wasnt one of the sharpest tools in the box, I think he may have genuinely had debt problems but had a serious chip on his shoulders regarding debt and credit...well if another posting appears with a single sentence 200 words long we will know when hes back!!

lily

Post by lily » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:46 pm
Ha ha ha, jpj. It drive me nuts too, glad I am not the only one.

lily
lily

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:06 pm
Have no fear Lily - I am firmly here to stay. I love being part of such a positive forum, and I think that we were all having similar thoughts yesterday about the nature of some of the posts. I started off thinking that the guy really did need some help, but it gradually became apparent that there was something more sinister going on. Thankfully these occurances are few and far between and now we can carry on with the good work of supporting each other!

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

jpj

Post by jpj » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:25 pm
Well I read the front page of the Sunday times yesterday, It was about a gentleman(Mr Bissell) who has built up a huge property company(which is just going belly up) It did mention that he had encountered financial problems in the past and had previously entered into an IVA with debts of £4.3 million.....!!!

THAT CHEERED ME UP !!![:D]

See,anyone can join our select IVA club...rich and poor alike!

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:33 pm
I think we must have all been thinking the same about johnpaul. Some of his posts seemed a little far fetched and he had a "friend" that had pulled every scam and system cheat. I didnt like the way he abused some creditors when afterall if he had have been "on the level", he didnt have to borrow their money.
I had very mixed emotions about him, from confusion to pity to anger.
It was in the end like a soap opera and i found myself hitting the refresh button constantly for the latest in the saga.
Shame when theres so many genuine posters on this forum who are desperate for help and answers.
Still, he's gone, we're still here, plodding on and generally being there for each other [:D]
You guys have all been really appreciated and i for one couldnt thank you all enough.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:00 pm
Hi skint -

Once you are over the euphoria of your IVA being accepted the phrase "plodding on" soon enters the brain.

But it is plodding on with a purpose - keep paying and keep the IVA faith - I have written off any holidays until 2012 (I would love a week in the Costa Del Sol!!) but I AM going to finish this IVA!! If I do finally complete my IVA successfully in 2012 as scheduled I think I will just collapse!!!! I am still in Year 1 of repayments so I am honestly stupid to think of completion - but there is no way I am going to give up!!!
47 months completed - 13 months to go.
41 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”