Applying for jobs and IVA's

6 posts Page 1 of 1

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:12 pm
Im in an IVA and have read some posts of people who have had trouble in their employment due to being in an IVA.

What would be my chances of gaining alternative employment if i am currently in an IVA.
I work in Reprographics and sometimes look at alternative jobs some with maybe better pay but am feeling sceptical due to the fact that because i am in an IVA i would be wasting my time applying and could crop up on there checks and would not get the job.

ARE THERE ANY POSTER'S WHO HAVE GOT A NEW JOB WITH BETTER PAY WHILST IN AN IVA!!!!

I mean , i haven't got a criminal record and i am a non-smoker so i would not be skiving off every 2hours for a cigarette break.

connie

Post by connie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:15 pm
i wouldn't have thought it would stop you in your line of work. i work in finance so was scared about getting an iva but theres not mention of anything like that in my contract. i think its only if i go bankrupt it would effect me.
i can't see companies doing credit checks on you and thats probably the only way they'd tell.
Last edited by connie on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:20 pm
I do know that anything to do with the police is a bit awkward as you do have to put down on the application form whether you are BR or in an IVA or have ever been refused credit, been in mortgage arrears etc.,but depending on what the position is they sometimes summon you to speak to you about it. There are people on here who have been offered jobs within the police whilst in an IVA.

I would think that if it's not in the financial industry or to do with sensitive stuff, then you would possibly be ok.

I haven't told work about mine, and don't intend to unless they find out some other way.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

connie

Post by connie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:23 pm
i think its wrong that is. fair enough if its a criminal record. but why do they need to know if your in financial difficulty.
equal opportunities i say, lol. thats what they drum into us nowadays.

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:30 pm
i could understand not getting a new job if had a criminal record etc..
But if i was in a situation where i wasn't in an IVA and really struggling with my monthly bills and creditors hassling me, i would most probably stand a chance of getting a job as i havent been declared Bankrupt or anything.

Now that i am 6months into my IVA and things are a lot better for me financially, the IVA is looked upon like a Bankruptcy Black Mark by employers

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:45 pm
Andrew, I couldn't agree more. You are far more of a risk if you are robbing Peter to pay Paul each month and struggling to make payments, or even being late with payments. Once you have either gone BR or IVA, you have admitted you have a problem and have dealt with it.

Who is more likely to be corrupted?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”