Are we doing the right thing?

20 posts Page 2 of 2

apple2

Post by apple2 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:19 pm
Thank you everybody. You all speak very highly of Melanie so I would be daft not too! I just feel really out of control of everything at the moment and feel like I should be doing more. It's like I'm sat here allowing defaults to happen - following the initial advice I have been given. For months and months I have done anything to get these people paid on time every month and now all of a sudden I am told to stop it! I guess there is a period of adjustment!
HSBC have been on the phone tonight going out of there way to be helpful and want to look once more at a managed loan even though they refused just 2 weeks ago? What's that all about? They are now willing to except the amount we offered initially? My Husbands response was to tell them to get stuffed - he never was great with words!!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:25 pm
I think your husbands words were very appropriate apple!

HSBC tried to get us to have one of their managed loans. They actually sent us all the documents and a letter thanking us for applying and asking us to sign everything and send it back so they could set it up! We'd never even approached them about it!

Needless to say, we didn't bother replying and then they phoned and asked why we hadn't sent the stuff back. I politely told them that we couldn't afford the payments they were asking for, so we would continue with our DMP.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:53 pm
Hey apple, I know this is a very difficult time for you, I think you're doing the right thing by talking to Melanie's team. Good luck and let us know how it all goes. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:06 pm
Hi Apple good move getting in touch with Melanie.

We contacted her team in April and we are posting back our signed proposal tomorrow. We had the added hurdle of Northern Rock. We are not quite out of the woods but it certainly looking alittle bit clearer.

Hope you can get some peace soon. XX[:)]

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:51 pm
hi apple - just wanted to welcome you to the forum and to say you are among friends here!

our ip is melanie and i know that she and her team will do their very best for you, as others have said you are more thasn just a number to them and they will give you honest non judgemental advise!

good luck and let us know how you get on

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for june”