At the vets again!

75 posts Page 1 of 5

pixie

Post by pixie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:43 pm
My little Monte has been scareing his mum again! After going all quiet and not eating properly he went to yowling as if being tortured when offered treats! He obviously wanted them but couldn't eat them. He was duly whisked off to the vets. Funnily enough he found his voice all the way there!
It turns out he's been putting his tongue where he shouldn't and cut his tongue and the side of his mouth. After lots of painkillers and antibiotics he's much happier. He needs to go back tomorrow to check the swelling but he'll be ok, it'll just take a bit of time.
They had what seems to be a good offer on the boosters they need every year as well. Basically you pay £70 and then it's free for life. The pair of them cost £90 a year so for £140 it sounds like a good future saving. The only catch is you can only take it out just after they've had them. They aren't due till September but if I can find enough to pay for it I'm thinking it would be a good idea.
I just wondered if anyone else has this or had any thoughts on whether it was a good idea or not!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:49 pm
Poor little Monte, I hope he's feeling better soon.

I would definitely go for the offer for the injections. When I had Harry vaccinated there was a national amnesty so I only had to pay for the first injection and it still cost £42 - so I'd definitely pay £70 if I could afford it!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:57 pm
Poor Monte! I hope he's feeling better soon!

We will be having the annual trips to the vets for boosters soon. Dread to think how much it will cost!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

pixie

Post by pixie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:15 pm
Our little ones don't come cheap that's for sure! Then again I wouldn't be without them and money is no object to their health and welfare. I thought he had a tooth problem and was going to need an operation and cost me the earth!!
If anyone's thinking of microchipping, now looks like a good time. there's a national offer on this month at £10, I've no idea how much it normally is though!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:34 pm
I do hope he's well soon x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:02 pm
i got 3 bichon frise and 1 of them, my little lucy is really unwell at the moment, she only 4 and just not herself and both her eyes really swollen been to vets 3 times cost 200 pound so far various medication given but she just seems to be getting worse, i really worried

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:17 pm
Hi pixie

I hope you are well and am sure Monte will be back to normal very soon.

The microchipping sounds very cheap at £10, i can remember paying a lot more than that and I will be asking my vet if they do the booster deal for £70 for life- sounds good to me

Take care and love to Monte
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:35 pm
Michael, I'm sorry to hear about Lucy. Do they know what is causing it?

I hope she gets better soon, it's so worrying when your pets are ill.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:41 pm
swabs taken awaiting results but she seems to be getting worse
love her so much

pixie

Post by pixie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:06 am
Monte's feeling much better today [:)] he's even trying to groom!
Thanks for your kind thoughts [:)]

Michael - you're having a tough time at the moment, I hope the vet is able to determine what's wrong with Lucy and she gets well soon. it's hard when your little one is suffering and you can't help. Give her lots of tlc and stay strong [:)]
Pixie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:35 am
Pixie - so glad Monte is on the mend, long may it continue.

Michael -you must be so worried. Thinking of you and praying that Lucy will make a full recovery.

Lots of hugs to both of you
Bob Marley.

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:17 am
thanks, she seems worse every day. awaiting results of swabs
so glad monte on the mend

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:30 am
Ah Pixie, I'm so glad Monte's feeling a bit better, poor thing. Give him a big hub from me.

Michael, I hope you get the results soon and little Lucy can get the medication needed. Big hug for Lucy too.

Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:41 am
she sat on chair arm next to me trying to stop me typing and stroke her instead, other 2 are are playing together, i love my dogs

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:12 pm
pixie, am so glad monte is on the mend!

michael, hope you get lucies results soon and she starts to get better

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!
75 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “pets corner”