Attention Grant Thornton.

28 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:45 pm
I have sent an email to Karol asking that she have a look at this thread.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:24 pm
Andyni

Apologies,I have completely missed this thread.

You have nothing to worry about and the creditor is bound by the IVA just like everyone has mentioned. I believe we have been in contact with you however please do not hesitate to contact me at "ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com" with IVA Forum in the subject line and I will look into anything further.

Receiving creditor and solicitor correspondence post IVA approval is so frustrating and worrying but unfortunately some creditors take longer than others to update their systems to reflect that the IVA is approved

Kind Regards
Karol

andyni

Post by andyni » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:00 pm
Thank you all for your support.

Thanks Karol, yes I got a reply this morning thank you, was just getting concerned.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:02 pm
Glad you're sorted Andy.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

andyni

Post by andyni » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:30 pm
Sorry for this I have tried to add a new topic to the new question section but keep getting error 500 messages.

So I hope you don't mind me tagging it to this.

Okay, so my court date is tomorrow and I have gathered copies of my proposal and copies of mine and my wife's minutes of the creditor meeting.

I have noticed that the summons that I received from the solicitor (I have received nothing from the court directly) has not been dated and signed by the Chief Clerk. Does this matter?

Also the debt was in both our names and we both have an IVA as they were done at the same time. Do we both need to go or can I represent my wife?

Thanks for your time.

Andy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 pm
There does seem to be a bit of a problem at the moment with trying to do a new post.

Is this to with your IVA or a CCJ? If so, and you are in an IVA then there is nothing anyone can do about it as far as I am aware.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:37 pm
Having looked at your previous posts - you have nothing to worry about. Everything is covered in your IVA.

You get anything through about a court notice then speak to your IP about this.

As Karol has said - the creditor is bound by the IVA anc can do nothing.
Bob Marley.

andyni

Post by andyni » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:40 pm
Sorry should have clarified this debt was included with in the IVA and is the one that I was talking about when I started the topic.

andyni

Post by andyni » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:42 pm
Yes but GT have told me we needed to attend if we did not hear back from the court. We have heard nothing from the court or the solicitor and am just wondering if I can attend for both of us.

thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:47 pm
Email Karol via this link:

ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com and ensure that "IVA Forum" is all that is entered in the subject line of the email

she may well be abloe to help.

If the debt is included in the IVA then the court can do nothing and they are the ones who are going to look foolish.

Do contact Karol.
Bob Marley.

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:49 am
Good morning Andyni,

Thank you for your post.

I have picked up your email and have sent you a response and a member of my team will be in touch with you by telephone shortly just to make sure that your queries and concerns are addressed.

Please be advised that we have already sent correspondence to the court and creditor regarding the matter in order to ensure that all parties are aware of the IVA.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Karol

andyni

Post by andyni » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:13 pm
Karol,

Thanks again I got the email this morning.

The Solicitors were aware of the IVA from your selves but had not been informed by their client. They then claimed that their client 'maybe' subject to the IVA and requested an adjournment which was granted by the court for 3 months so it is to be 'Mentioned' in a hearing in February (what ever that is).

They will not let this go for some reason but there we go.

Andy
Last edited by andyni on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:12 am
Hi Andyni,

Thank you for your post above.

We will continue to work at getting this matter resolved for you and please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards

Karol
28 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”