Awaiting creditors meeting- advice needed Jacobs

8 posts Page 1 of 1

MrsPx

Post by MrsPx » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:40 pm
Hi

My creditors meeting is scheduled for the 30th September however I still have Jacobs enforcement on my case. They asked me for copies of my signed proposal document when I told them I started the process of entering an IVA which I sent and now I have just received the below email. Can anyone offer any advice?

Good afternoon

We acknowledge receipt of your emails dated 15th September 2021, the content of which has been noted.

Unfortunately we are unable to suspend action on your account until your IVA has been approved and we have received a copy of your meeting of creditors.

Furthermore, we cannot negotiate any payment arrangements, as your account is with our Enforcement Agent Mr McKenna who has been instructed to visit your premises to collect payment in full or to remove goods for sale at auction.

We must advise that additional fees will be incurred.

Please contact our Agent direct and he will be able to assist you.

Yours faithfully

Jamie Hankin

Correspondence Officer

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:19 pm
Get your IP to contact this chap on your behalf as a matter of urgency.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MrsPx

Post by MrsPx » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:39 pm
This is a stupid question but how do I find out who that is? I'm new to all this and don't really understand it.
My IVA is through credit fix.

Thank you

MrsPx

Post by MrsPx » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:53 pm
I've spoken to somebody at Creditfix and they have advised there is nothing they can do until my IVA is approved :(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:03 pm
Ah .. I am afraid the biggest fly in the ointment here is Creditfix themselves: Sky high prices and bargain basement service levels !

They currently have 4 IPs listed with the Insolvency Service --- one of whom should be referred to in your draft proposal as being the Supervisor: Ms Warburton, Mr Sloper, Miss Whittaker or Miss Griffin. They are all members of the IPA regulatory body, to whom a complaint can be directed if needs be.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

MrsPx

Post by MrsPx » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:20 pm
Thank you.

So am I right in thinking they should be contacting them on my behalf even though my IVA hasn't been approved yet?

I feel like I've done the wrong thing by going with creditfix now, I didn't really look into things first as I panicked. Even though I've signed my proposal and my creditors meeting is set up, would it be wise to change to somebody else?

Thanks for your help

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:00 pm
Creditfix do have many happy customers and I cannot advise that you change based on my opinion of them. However most firms will intervene if a creditor is being awkward prior to the IVA being accepted -- even asking the courts to stay any action if needs be.

Changing firms now will, obviously, delay things further, although there is a chance that your proposal will be rejected due to fees and CF will transfer you to a firm called Logan Whyte, with whom they have close connections, but who charge less. As this firm use a firm called Ebenegate ( a Mauritian call centre) to administer their IVAs I would not wish them on my worst enemy ( a purely personal opinion). Interestingly, Ebenegate is part of the same group of companies as CF.

NescafeGold13

Post by NescafeGold13 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:51 pm
If not too late, I highly recommend contacting IVA.Org. They sorted my husband’s debt issues out and they are professional, honest and trustworthy. A small IVA company but they know their stuff. Look them up on Trust Pilot to read the reviews.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”