Awful

22 posts Page 1 of 2

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:29 pm
2 weeks ago someone was set alight just down the road from my mums. I read online today that he has died in hospital. What has this country come to when one human being (and I use the term loosely) would do something like this to another? We need real deterrents, not just a slap on the wrist.

My mum had the police round about it on Thursday night wanting to know her surname, date of birth, colour and height. As the person they had been looking for was young, tall, slim and male it seemed strange that they asked my elderly, round, short mother the questions. As it was nearly 2 weeks after it happened and they had charged someone I phoned the local police station to see if they were genuine officers. It turns out they were, and if they have a description of a suspect they go door to door asking if each person fits the description.

maximusdebt

Post by maximusdebt » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:46 pm
this country is going downhill fast and the number of people leaving every year is on the increase soon there will be no one from britain living here.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:58 pm
ladyh I am so with you on that one!

There was corporal punishment when I was in school, my parents used to smack me if I was naughty and I believe that I have been brought up with a healthy respect for what is right and wrong. I have tried to instil this into my daughter as well and I think I have done a good job.

I shudder when I look at young kids today - they say they are bored. I never had half of the stuff they have, it wasn't even around then but we made our own entertainment. A lot of parents today give in to their kids for a quiet life and don't discipline them as they should. My hands itch when I am out shopping and some little heathen is running riot. I'd love to give them a clip round the ear!

It is about time the punishment fitted the crime, prison was a deterrent and the death penalty was brought back.

I'll just go and put my soap box away now!!!!!!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:02 pm
we need a big floating island like were papillon was left dump all the kllers together on it the thing with this country is there are too many do gooders looking at the criminals rights feeling sorry for them instead of the victims[:(!]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:30 pm
I know the do gooders say you shouldn't smack children, but I used to get a smack and I'm not violent - I don't even like killing an ant!

I used to work in the court service and I remember seeing kids start off in the juvenile court, and watch them progress to the adult court - one was convicted of murder.

Unfortunately until someone has the guts to stand up and say things need to change, things will get worse. Whoever wins the next general election will have a hell of a job to turn things around, and unless they have the courage to say stuff the do gooders, nothing will change.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:35 pm
But even if we shout for change, the do gooders say we can't do it! The Human Rights Act seems to be there for people to use for their own ends. As soon as something goes wrong, they start crying 'it's against my human rights'. Don't get me wrong, in the right circumstances it is good, but it seems to be the scum of the earth who manage to manipulate it for their own ends.

If I try to defend myself or my home and I injure the person trying to hurt me, I could very likely end up in court myself instead of them!

It's all totally wrong!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Skippy similar here in my home town, two lads (15 and 13) set a guy on fire (25) and rolled him in the river where he drowned. This was May 07 and they're now serving 5 yrs and 3.5 yrs but they will only serve half of that before they're out on licence. This country is too leniant and like others a bit of corporal punishment may be a deterrant, but how will we ever know.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:56 pm
i would just like to add to this although i agree with you, we are too lenient on children these days and agree there is nothing wrong in smacking them, how ever a fortnight ago a 79 year old woman chased my 9 year old son to the shop because of the colour of his hair, accused him of throwing stones at her window and gave him verbal abuse about the colour of his hair and also said if he thought he was crying now it was nothing compared to how it would be when she had finished with him, my son actually thought he was being abducted after this violent shaking he took and was in such a state, it was a case of mistaken identity because of his hair, this lady had no right whatsoever to take the law into her own hands, you really have to look at both sides of the coin, i myself took the right route and called the police for the assault on my son, its not always the young that are in the wrong.
kerri
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Well, just to add my pennith.... I have said for years that there are far too many do-gooder's wanting to make sure that criminal human rights are looked after. How many have got off with crimes because of their 'deprived, single parent up-bringings'???? A load of trollop!!!! Bring back real deterants and I bet they stop mugging, stabbing and being pure little s**ts!
I must admit, I have very rarely smacked my kids, but I have punished them. Grounding and the removal of privileges seem to work for my lot.
Coming From quite a deprived area, I blame the parents, far to many kids are left to their own devices and left to fend for themselves while the parents are out, drinking and partying. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been a hermit since I had kids, BUT I have always made sure that I have had babysitters and the kids were in the house before I went out and weren't allowed out. I was brought up knowing right from wrong, I have tried my best to pass that onto my kids. My 2 eldest have had a very unsettled life, sometimes only having me as both parents and they have turned out great. Both have had full time jobs from leaving school, both have never been in trouble with the police and I am extremely proud of them. Something does need to be done about this mob culture, starting with re-instilling morals into British society.
Last edited by chris.g on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be back......

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:31 pm
John Howard, the Australian prime minister made some amazingly honest statements recently, i will say nothing more than i agree with him 100%

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:35 pm
What an awful thing to have happened. There seems to be so much aggression with some of the youngsters nowadays, girls and boys, and no other outlet for it ... so they turn on their own communities. I don't know what the answer is, in what is meant to be a civilised society.

Debbie
Debbie

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:49 pm
Oh Kerri, that's awful. I hope your son is ok x

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:01 pm
Can I just add that 3 lads from Sunderland have had their appeal against life allowed....they beat a disabled lad to death fot a £5 bet!!! Disgusting!!!!
Another thing, on the news the other day, it said that the government were trying to rush through legislation to prevent criminal appealing because the evidence given against them was anonomous....apparently a judge has ruled that any accused must have the right to know the identity of anyone giving evidence against them.....whatever happened to victim protection?????
It's nice to be back......

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:04 pm
I agree Skippy. Somethings do need to change. A lot of the 'youths' who are brought into Police Stations all know their rights. I didn't have a clue when I was their age what my rights were??

There is definately a mob culture amoungsts groups, and unfortunately Anti Social Behaviour still seems to be on the bottom of the list of priorities for many police forces. Harm crime and sanctions detections (car, dwelling thefts) seem the top of the list....

Kerri, I hope your son is okay. I disagree with what happened to him. I am very careful not to speak to youths directly but would go to their parents first and foremost (saying that some parents are worse than the kids)....

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:15 pm
Chris, there is no victim protection, only offender protection. Who is going to want to give evidence now - I certainly wouldn't!
22 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for june”