Awful

22 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:04 pm
And of course don't forget the people who rush in to help those in trouble........they either get killed, injured or up in court themselves.

It's no wonder that people cross over and walk by now.

Kerri, sorry to hear about your son. I hope he has recovered from his ordeal.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:01 am
thanks everyone, he has sort of got over it he is just to scared to go the shop now for his football stickers as he has to pass her house, the right thing would have been for her to come to me if she thought it was him, she was quick enough to follow him to the shop she would have been just as quick to follow him home, i did approach her obviously over the attack to see what was going on and she actually said i was stupid for wanting to involve the police, oh of course! thats because she so knew she was in the wrong, i know years ago we all got a clip across the ear if we were caught doing anything,but this woman went on the colour of his hair, the police actually said if it had been name calling to a coloured person she would have been arrested straight away, as calling him a ginger nut equated to the same thing, couldn't believe it to be honest and she played on her age, she should have known better any how he is ok now, but there is so much hatred and violence everywhere i certainly do agree something needs to be done.
kerri
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:40 am
the youths who are caught with firearms and knifes on the streets need signed up to the army see if they would like using them over in iraq or afganistan against the taliban[B)]

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:54 am
I've said for a long while now that we should bring back National Service ... but, apparently, the Army doesn't want them ... and in today's society we will simply have to 'molly coddle' them in the services.

Debbie
Debbie

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 am
Glad to hear your son is feeling better Kerri - what happened to him was so un-necessary. I think people get so frustrated with a lack of respect for each other that "rage" over everything is now the norm.
The Country's leaders need to get a grip on the situation - rather than Hug a hoody I would agree with others let National Service show them the way to go!!
I grew up in Northern Ireland where some dreadful things happened, but like the others I got a clip round the ear/legs if I was naughty. I'm from the generation who were taught to respect others - I always smile at police officers and say hello - I've had some lovely feedback from them when I do this as they are more used to abuse than common courtesy!!(Mind you I'm also at the stage where they all look way too young!!)
C
Chardonnay

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:03 am
To go back to Kerri's post, it does annoy me when senior citizens think they have a god given right to everything because they are old!

Some years ago me and hubbie went to Scotland and stopped at the services. While we were there, a coach load of OAP's arrived. I have never seen such rude people! They pushed in and were generally rude.

Just because you are old, don't think you can push in front of everyone else, or make disparaging, ignorant comments about the young.

I am on the slippery slope towards those days myself and have no intention of ending up like that.

Just because people are young, and possibly wearing hoodies etc., they shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

A friend of mine who is epileptic, had a fit in a shopping centre, and fell down the escalator. The only people who came to her aid were a group of goths, complete with piercings etc. No one else bothered.

Sorry for the long post, but certain things do get me mad!!!!!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:22 pm
Hi Jan,
I certainly wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush - I have freinds with super teenage kids who wear hoodies!! I was using that as an example of the softly softly approach to disicipline these days!!
My adopted mum , dad and I had a similar experience to yours in Harry Ramsdon's when a coach load of senior citizens turned up. We waited nearly an hour for our food (they got served immediately)- the staff were rude, etc and their excuse for that was they were stressed by the older group of customers. Needless to say I did not leave a tip!!
Hope you're all having a good day,
C x
Chardonnay
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for june”