Bad month

15 posts Page 1 of 1

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:37 pm
September has not been a good month moneywise or personally and just needed to have a moan (not to the family). This month never very good anyway due to anniversary of death of both of husband's parents plus this month his aunt died and my friend at work lost his newborn baby - he was born 6 weeks early and passed away. Moneywise it's been a disaster and there just doesn't seem enough money around to pay everything - husband is self employed and he has had a couple of poor weeks and we are having to really cut back this month to keep our heads above water as obviously have no credit facilities. Been in IVA since January and this is the first month that it's seemed a struggle - nothing IVA related really, just generally crappy due to lots of things happening at the same time. Just wanted to get it off my chest!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:45 pm
Sorry to hear of this combination of misery -- hopefully next month will improve financially.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:46 pm
I sincerely hope so, Foggy, thanks for your support. Feeling very down which means the only way is up!!

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:09 pm
Sorry to hear about this. Everybody has months when you wonder if an IVA is worth it - but it's worth remembering pre-iva and the feelings of being in debt.

If your husbands earnings continue to be reduced maybe speak to your IP (if it's a joint IVA). I have been out of the IVA since early 2012 and even I have found this month a struggle - will be looking at what I spend over the month to see how I can cut back so it's not just people in IVA's struggling.

Hopefully the next month will be better for you.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Ftreal

Post by Ftreal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:45 am
Sorry to hear of your difficult month, I hope things improve for you. Sometimes it just seems it is one thing after another.

I found what really helped was a spends diary so I could see what was being spent daily and on what as it is quite scary how it can soon add up. If you are looking at the budget if you can try and find a way to build an emergency pot for when times may be more lean with your husband's work, it may take some of the pressure off.
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 pm
Hi, sorry to hear things aren't so good this month. Hopefully be improving next month and things won't be so tough. hang in there and remember we're always here to listen so any time you want to chat just pop on the forum.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:18 pm
What about gathering a few things together and doing a car boot sale this weekend ... Am sure most of us have things lying around that would sell that we don't use any longer ....

Keep your chin up ... It will get better x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Sorry to hear of your difficult month . Life is tough at times. Hope you feel a ray of hope soon .

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:00 am
I know how you are feeling! We are having a really crappy time at the moment which started in January with the boiler needing to be replaced and since then has been a catalogue of breakdowns, breakages, floods and car problems. My old banger is on it's last legs as the head gasket is leaking badly, just waiting for it to seize up and then off to the knacker's yard it goes. Ran out of money yesterday and now using oil money to live on until payday. Having said all of that I'm still thankful for the IVA and it does help when I chat to my case worker as she is understanding, helpful and keeps offering a payment break. So far I have refused to take a break but I will take it when I have to replace the car. The way I look at it is that there is not much more to break or need attention therefore things can only get better. Anyway I would rather be skint for a week than have creditor's ringing me 10 times a day. Hope things ease up for you soon x

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:05 pm
Hi esgt

Just wanted to send you a message to say your not alone and to say were not far off from the end of the month now. October is a new month and one more down on your journey.

Please post if you need a little relief and were here for you.
Cm xxx
Iva payments complete 5sept13. Cc dated 15oct13

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:29 am
Hi and thanks for all your messages. Still hanging in there and as clairemichelle said, it's nearly October! Not considering any changes to IVA payments or breaks or anything as used to peaks and troughs in husband's income but this month just seems particularly bad. Managed to keep afloat though and although I don't want to wish our lives away, looking forward to pay day on Monday when our new month properly starts.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:17 am
and hopefully that will be an easier month for you x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:31 pm
Glad ur hanging on in there esgt. Nearly the weekend now then itll soon be monday.

Cm x
Iva payments complete 5sept13. Cc dated 15oct13

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:50 pm
Got paid on Thursday, slightly earlier than expected, which was good as there was big DD going out on Monday and I was going to have to move some money about to cover it. It now feels like October and we can move on, carry on budgeting properly and hopefully have a better month, financially and personally.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:02 pm
All the best for October, hope it's a bit smoother for you financially x
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how are you coping?”