Bailiffs

7 posts Page 1 of 1

shelbert

Post by shelbert » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:59 pm
Hi again!
Can anyone tell me around how long it would take for a company to send bailiffs round from the first missed payment? We are up to date so far with our payments, but we are seriously considering entering ito an IVA because we are having to use credit for day to day living expenses as all our money goes on paying for our credit and household bills.
If an IVA takes approx 8 weeks to complete, what is the likelihood of bailiffs being sent round? It's another scary thought for me and at the moment I am scared of entering into an IVA or a DMP because I'm worried they may send people round. [|)]
I also have 2 accounts where I have been paying lower payments for 2 years, Oxendales which they sold to Reliable Collections and Bank of Scotland which they gave to Blair, Oliver and Scott. Would that make any difference in the timescale as to sending Bailiffs as they are debt recovery companies?
Many thanks

kezza

Post by kezza » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:19 pm
Hi Shelbert

I was waiting for my creditors meeting for about 3 months and was only just starting to get default notices
THE ONLY WAY IS UP :-)

shelbert

Post by shelbert » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:09 pm
Thanks Kezza
Can I ask, were you paying token payments during those 3 months or paying them nothing because the money was going to your IP ready for the IVA?

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:24 pm
Hi Shelbert

It takes a county court to send in proper baliffs,the court gives you a chance to pay what you can afford to the debt. I have not paid full payments in 6 months and was told by my supervisor it takes a year to go to court. If any collection company threatens to send anyone round (its very unlikely that this will ever happen, they threaten home visits) you just tell them politely to go away, that you are not going to discuss it. Do not let them in. Creditors have very little power really thats why they phone and threaten so do not worry.

I hope this helps

LILY

I asked God for a solution and have to live with his reply.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:06 pm
Hi Shelbert
Bailiffs will only come round once a court order has been granted and this will only happen if you have ignored a county court judgment.
So the answer is your IVA will be up and running before you even get a CCJ and even then an interim order lodged by your IP will stop any further action.The two companies that you mention would have the same time scale as any one else.
So relax and start sorting your debt problem out.
What stage are you with your IVA proposal ??

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson and site manager
(aka Neverending)

Please check out my blog: http://andydavie.blogs.iva.co.uk

View my profile here:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp
Andam Davies

shelbert

Post by shelbert » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:29 pm
Thanks Andy,
So far I have called 3 companies and they were all very helpful. After speaking with my husband he wanted to see if we had any other options, so we looked into remortgage and with advise from the forum plus a house valuation too we discovered that wasn't a possibility. My husband is thinking about asking family, but I don't think that will be a possibility, so I think that we will try for an IVA.
Shelbert

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:07 pm
Why dont you try one of the experts on this forum,from what i can see they are all legitamate
and have helped so many people on this forum
Goodluck
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for april”