baines and ernst company iva

7 posts Page 1 of 1

xenas

Post by xenas » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:39 pm
Hello
Can someone advice if Baines and Ernst is a reputable company and has anyone had any bad experiences or good ones as I am thinkning of getting a IVA with them.
I spoke to them and seems good and helpful.
Another question is that do they take the money from my property equity after IVa is finishes at 5years?
xen

lem

Post by lem » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:12 pm
All Ivas will have a property clause to address any equity in year five no matter who you go with, I have no experience of Barnes and Ernst personally so can't advise on that one, have you just spoken with them or anyone else for comparison?

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:17 pm
I believe that B&E do not administer IVA's they act as a broker and pass you off to an IVA company (could be wrong though). It is always best to seek advice from more than one IP. On a personal note, you may wish to talk with Melanie Giles and/or McCambridge Duffy as they are highly regarded on this forum and have a very good team of communicators.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:11 pm
Always best to talk to 2 or 3 providers to ensure that you receive impartial advice that is specific to you before making your final choice www.iva.com lists some companies with some review maybe your initial choice will be listed on there. Worth taking a look and choosing another couple to talk to. Welcome to the forum by the way and do stick around.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lillyray

Post by lillyray » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:39 pm
B and E are brokers, they gather all the details and then pass you onto an IVA company. As above I would speak to melanie giles team and a few others to decide what the best way forward is for you.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:05 am
Before deciding which provider to use look at the link in Lesley's post ... You will gain a whole list of potential providers that come highly recommended..... Best wishes.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:45 am
Hi xenas and welcome to the forum :-)

You will find lots of help and support on the forum from other who have been the same position.

It can be tempting to go with the first company that offer you a solution to your problems but i suggest that you speak with a few companies before you make a final decsion.

The equity clause should be clearly explained to you so you know what to expect in year 4 of your IVA, you really do not want any nasty suprises.
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”