Bank Account

11 posts Page 1 of 1

vad921

Post by vad921 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:29 am
Hi,

I currently have a good credit history because so far I haven't defaulted on any debt. I do have quite a bit of debt as you have probably read elsewhere. I am going to try and reclaim banking charges and someone suggested that I should set up another account just in case my bank try and close my own. Problem is I have already been rejected by First Direct and Smile are telling me they cannot give an answer for a few days. The Smile decision is normally instantaneous apparently! Does anyone know of any good banks to approach that I am likely to be accepted to open a basic account???

Many thanks
David

chubba

Post by chubba » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:31 am
Hi David, I recently opened a cashminder account with the coop over the phone....They were great!!! It's only a BASIC account, but you get an Electron card and internet banking. Hope this helps

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:04 pm
Hi
You could try Nationwide,but go into the branch and do this.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

poppy

Post by poppy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:32 pm
Hi David

I am with Alliance & Leicester. I applied online and got a decision emailed to me within an hour.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:22 pm
Abbey have a basic accont you just neeed proof of id.

gavin

Post by gavin » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:51 pm
hi the natwest help me when the other banks said no i told them i was looking for a iva [:D]
Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.

one month at a time

Post by one month at a time » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:40 pm
Hi we dont have good credit rating, but we are with teh Alliance and Leicester and with Nationwide, I think that you can do this on line, if you say that you dont want an overdraft they seem to be more lenient - Good luck

one month at a time!
one month at a time!

p_r

Post by p_r » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:29 am
Hi David
I had a very similiar problem when I started my IVA. I now bank with Nat West - they were very helpful and their basic account is ideal.

regards

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:34 pm
Hello David

As others have mentioned the Nationwide Flex Account and Natwest Step account are quite good basic accounts. You could also try Lloyds Classic Account and Halifax Easy Cash account.

I think the best approach is to go into a branch and open an account, this way you can be up front and honest about your current situation.

Best Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

Louise

Post by Louise » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:55 pm
AVOID ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER!!!!!
We used to be with Alliance and Leicester - they were the breaking point that made us go into our IVA - in a 6 month period we had over £3,500 worth of bank charges, due to them charging for every item and every single day that we were overdrawn - we begged them for help and advise cos there was a 3 month waiting list for a meeting at the CAB in our area and A/L said there was nothing they could do. We obviously know now that we should have cancelled the direct debits and made other arrangements - however, because we didn't A/L charged us when each d/debit didn't go out and then when 3 days later they all tried to take it out again (which we weren't aware they did) - so we paid for it twice over! We were on the phone daily to them begging and pleading for help and they said there was nothing they could do.

Slightly contradicting what I have just said, if it wasn't for these charges we would probably still now be struggling on, as we were clearly struggling at that stage if we were regularly going overdrawn and I wish we had entered into the IVA about 2 years earlier.

We have looked into getting the bank charges back - but were advised that A/L won't get all their money back anyway so we shouldn't pursue it.

We are now with Barclays who are fantastic, and not that we plan to, but if you do go overdrawn, the maximum they can charge you is x3 £30.00 payments in a 30 day period - we used to get this in just half a day!

SO BEWARE!

unlucky1

Post by unlucky1 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:18 pm
Just so you know
lloyds let me have a basic account
abbey turned me down
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”