BANK ACCOUNTS POST IVA

6 posts Page 1 of 1

stellafreak

Post by stellafreak » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:40 pm
Hi guys

Sorry if there is a post somewhere regarding this. I've looked but all the posts are a couple years ago since people last posted. I'm hoping anyone who's recently completed their IVA could shed some light for me.

I opened an account with RBS back in July 2006 before my IVA was agreed and have been with them ever since. However, now that they are being taken over by Santander I am wanting to change bank accounts.

The reason being that Alliance & Leicester were one of my creditors. They were taken over by Santander, who are still defaulting me on my credit file for a loan I KNOW was included in the IVA but they are refuting this, stating they have no records to say they were listed as a creditor. As much as I want to tell them to get knotted, I have kindly sent them a copy of my final statement (listing all creditors) and my completion certificate in the hope they rectify their huge mistake.

Although RBS weren't a creditor, I feel uneasy about staying with them as when Santander get their claws on my account I worry if they will withold any money in there if they refuse to amend their records.

What I want to know is has anyone recently applied for a new bank account and how easy was it to set up? I tried a few days ago with Natwest but was turned down (reason unknown at present til I can get into the branch) and it's put me in a quandry about trying with other banks.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! :0)
Made it in one piece!

stellafreak

Post by stellafreak » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:42 pm
Sorry to admin! I've posted this in the wrong section I think! Never started a new post before and didn't realise it'd file it here!! Could someone move it to the right folder for me :0D
Made it in one piece!

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:22 pm
A fair few posters have accounts with the Co-Op and have had no problems with this bank. I am seriously thinking about changing my Secure Trust Account over to the Co-Op in the near future.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

moneyprobs

Post by moneyprobs » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:03 am
Hi,

The CO-OP are pre and post IVA friendly, I changed from natwest mid IVA and have managed to upgrade my account since completion.

essexlady

Post by essexlady » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:22 am
Hi, I've still got a long way to go in my IVA but thought I would apply online for a Basic account at Natwest. I was declined and the letter explained it was because I was on the insolvency register. I wrote back and appealed and explained exactly what an IVA is and they've now invited me to go into my local branch with documents to open an account. My reason for changing is that I've had problems with my current Co-op Cashbuilder account, the visa card isn't always accepted and can be embarrasing when it's declined. This has something to do with the Co-op changing from Electron to Visa and not changing the digits on the card. I think it's worth going into Natwest to talk to them.

font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by stellafreak

Hi guys

Sorry if there is a post somewhere regarding this. I've looked but all the posts are a couple years ago since people last posted. I'm hoping anyone who's recently completed their IVA could shed some light for me.

I opened an account with RBS back in July 2006 before my IVA was agreed and have been with them ever since. However, now that they are being taken over by Santander I am wanting to change bank accounts.

The reason being that Alliance & Leicester were one of my creditors. They were taken over by Santander, who are still defaulting me on my credit file for a loan I KNOW was included in the IVA but they are refuting this, stating they have no records to say they were listed as a creditor. As much as I want to tell them to get knotted, I have kindly sent them a copy of my final statement (listing all creditors) and my completion certificate in the hope they rectify their huge mistake.

Although RBS weren't a creditor, I feel uneasy about staying with them as when Santander get their claws on my account I worry if they will withold any money in there if they refuse to amend their records.

What I want to know is has anyone recently applied for a new bank account and how easy was it to set up? I tried a few days ago with Natwest but was turned down (reason unknown at present til I can get into the branch) and it's put me in a quandry about trying with other banks.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! :0)

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:21 am
The only problem I see with the Natwest Basic account is that you can only withdraw cash from Natwest ATM's now, which to me was a pain. I managed to upgrade to the select account and so can use my card anywhere again but when it was the Step account it was fab then they changed it to basic and the ruling re ATM's is just silly in my opinion. If you've got the money you've got the money and if not refuse the withdrawal!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”