bank accounts

7 posts Page 1 of 1

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:00 pm
The whole family is with Barclays for our banking, myself, husband, older daughter and younger daughter. If I decide to go the IVA route and change my bank account will this affect the rest of the family being with Barclays.

On changing accounts would welcome peoples views on opening other accounts at various other banks - eg bad and good experiences. I was thinking of Abbey as my mortgage is with them but I have heard bad reports about customer experience. Also one of my credit cards is A & L which use MBNA and I know Abbey use MBNA for their credit cards but don't know how this links with ordinary bank accounts.
Elizabeth

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:35 pm
Your own financial difficulties are unlikely to affect yor families banking arrangements. I gather the Co-op Bank are pretty supportive of people entering into IVAs.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:04 pm
The Co-Op Smile Internet Banking current account does it for me - there is also a internet saving account you can have to.
I also got a Halifax Easycash account, and last week they allowed me to open a web saver account for my contignency money.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:16 pm
thanks for the replies - sound advice. I will have a look. Only been with this forum a few days but it has made me feel so much better.
Elizabeth

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:54 pm
I am with the Co-op and I can't fault them, even though I don't have a local branch. Their telephone customer service is really good and you can pay money in either by post or at the Post Office.

J-DOUBLEYA

Post by J-DOUBLEYA » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:59 pm
There is no right of set off between MBNA and abbey so you can bank there. Personally, i agree with the recommendation of the Co-Op.

markss

Post by markss » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:42 pm
yorkshire bank offer a good basic account with dual function debit card its the maestro which is better than the solo/electron cards other banks offer. the account has no credit check and you can arrange dd/wages etc
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for january”