bank of scotland

11 posts Page 1 of 1

simonp

Post by simonp » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:44 pm
ok so this is my 1st post ive just started the iva route last friday.

anyhow im not approved or anything yet, i have managed to get each payment covered on all my debts up till 2 days ago.
now 2 days overdue bank of scotland have called and sent a letter as im now in arrears by 2 days. anyhow when they called they asked for security questions including make and model of my car .. the credit was originaly for the car but it was a fixed sum agreement not hp -- when i did a hpi check against my car it came back no finance owing.

in the call they asked when i was making payment etc..i said not sure as im reorganising my finances... unfortuantly its late o'clock so i cant ask my iva company what to do..
my main question is what do i say to them as the proposal hasnt been fully written etc yet..and will they come and take my car..i know im going to get a lot more calls over the next few weeks but as this is my 1st one i dont know what to do..

Cath

Post by Cath » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 pm
If it isn't secured finance then you should be ok..how do yosu do an hpi check just out of interest?

I answered the calls to start with and now I don't bother and ignore them.
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel

simonp

Post by simonp » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 pm
i asked a friend to do a check on my car which shows all the details they cost about 10.00 to do,

the paperwork doesnt state secured it states fixed sum agreement it does state what the credit was for as in the car. as i checked it out before i canceled the dd i wasnt worried but as they mentioned the car on the phone its got me concerned

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:33 am
Some unsecured loan companies - quite incorrectly - register HPI details against cars which they have given loans for. You should politely tell them that you have instructed an IP to act for you, and that they will deal with them directly from now on with regard to your repayment proposals. Either way they definately cannot take your car.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

simonp

Post by simonp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:42 am
thank you melanie, i was getting worried as the car is how i get around to earn what little i do
Last edited by simonp on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

simonp

Post by simonp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:48 pm
well the replies on here helped me to relax a bit -- and ive spoken today with the iva company and thats reasured me even more..

as it was the 1st contact ive ever had of been chased for the money it started to worry me. but happyish again -- well as happy as i can be with 80k debt

marksam1

Post by marksam1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:06 pm
i have 84,000 debt 2 cars,we got to keep both cars due to work,but are not new cars, hope this helps

Chinochihuahua

Post by Chinochihuahua » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:26 pm
Hi marksam1, I read your post as you owe £84000 across 2 cars- Well if you're gonna do it, do it in style [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:32 pm
Rolls Royces I think![:D]

On a serious note - we had a three year old car when we did our IVA, no finance on it, but we were allowed to keep it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:40 pm
He must have left them in the garage for the FF then....I didn't stalk a Rolls back to Wales [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:42 pm
[:D][:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”