bankruptcy after 6 months in an IVA !!!!

9 posts Page 1 of 1

guiness

Post by guiness » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:23 pm
Hi[:)] there its been a while since I posted but after entering into an IVA last Septamber I have finally decided to apply for bankruptcy.
At the moment im busy filling in the forms online but Im stuck.

Can anyone tell me how you find out the dates you took out credit cards and loans because I haven't got a clue and you have to provide this information.
Thanks J

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:29 pm
We just put on approx dates for the credit cards and loans. Unless you have all the origainal agreements i don't think you could provide the exact dates,
xx
It's nice to be back......

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:38 pm
What a shame that your IVA is failing so soon. What has led you to take this decision?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

guiness

Post by guiness » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 pm
The IVA was unrealistic and I think i knew this at the time i took it out. I was just so relieved when it was excepted i dont think i thought properly about how i was going to afford to live. i have a husband and five kids to support and when i had additional heating repair bills costs and a big dental bill to pay I just had no money as they do not allow you any realistic contingency allowance. think its just better to cut my loses and start a fresh.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:52 pm
Did you make these points clear to the IP acting for you, and did creditors seek increased payments on the day of the creditors meeting?

guiness

Post by guiness » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:04 pm
yes they said that they would not accept anything lower than 26p back for every £1 owed.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:08 pm
That's the danger of trying to make an IVA fit when you have to make the payments each month from a very tight budget. You have tried your best and it is now time to probably move on.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:06 am
Oh guiness what a shame, I'm fighting with a dodgy heating system at the moment, one bill here for £800+, he's coming out again this afternoon as the hot water still not right! I didn't mention payment on the phone neither did he! Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong for us and the other thing we desperately have to get fixed after paying the boiler bill is the bathroom window as basically we don't have one! We have the glass but nothing opens so bit useless really and in a bathroom we do need an opening window. My IVA only running for 3 months and I'm going to get behind straightaway, Dentist for us tonight for a check up, I'm guessing my teeth are fine but hubby's well that's another story! be around £40 just for a check up though I think. I've been very down this week and you've made your choice now and I wish you well in this as like Melanie said you have tried your best. I'm going to keep soldiering on until I can soldier on no more. Hopefully the heating will be fixed, we'll get a new bathroom window and the other disasters I can live with ....for now! My thought this morning was if it all goes wrong this year, surely yrs 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be plain sailing and I'll be able to even afford a small break away! during one of those years?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

guiness

Post by guiness » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:01 pm
Lesley thats awful. It true everything comes in three's. It is hard when your in an IVA and they have got you paying into it with the last penny you have every month. I have been very down too. I'm off on the sick from work at the moment because this bankruptcy buniness is just so stressful, I just keep bursting into tears and dropping things all the time. There must be 'light at the end of the tunnel', as they say and it is comforting to know from the forum that there are others in the same situation and that you are not alone. Keep your chin up.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for june”