barclaycard again

12 posts Page 1 of 1

bic

Post by bic » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 pm
just had the shock of my life kids answered the front door and there was a man from scotcall representing barclaycard ( never heard of them, feel a bit disappointed it wasnt mercers as i feel as if i know them personally). he seemed very nice although my heart is still racing , i explained re iva agreed on 27/2 etc and give him details, hopefully it will put an end to the phone calls. i am only grateful i was off work this week , and it was not my mother who opened the door as she usually picks up the kids for me

cath
56 payments down 4 to go

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:38 pm
Apart from the fact that it is unusual for debt collectors to actually turn up, I can't believe that Barclaycard have sent someone round over a month after your IVA was approved.

Let's hope he goes back and informs them and they listen to him.

If they keep on phoning after this then speak to your IP again and try and get them to sort things out for you once and for all.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

bic

Post by bic » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 pm
thanks kallis have you ever heard of scotcall are they are part of barclays

lets hope that is the end of it, mind you i still have had 3 calls this pm, that i have ignored.

cath
56 payments down 4 to go

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:58 pm
I've just had a quick look at their website and it doesn't look as though there is any connection between them.

Have you phoned your IP and told them? I would and just ask if there is anything they can do.

This is harrassment and they shouldn't be doing it.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

bic

Post by bic » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:15 pm
thanks kallis no i have not called my ip yet as had to go out this pm, will ring mel and her team tommorrow. i spoke to them 2 weeks ago and they faxed all docs through to barclaycard again, they just dont seem to get the message.

cath
56 payments down 4 to go

Max

Post by Max » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:24 pm
I am J the wife of elv5 - he cannot post at the moment because he suffers from glaucoma and his eyes are playing up a little. I would just like to thank all who have been so supportive. I have been quite ill with this and on medication and will be for time now but am beginning to feel a little better. My husband had a telephone interview with Tom from Mrs Giles' office this afternoon and that gave us both some confidence. If Mrs Giles has the opportunity to read this then please allow me to thank her for all the trouble she and her staff have taken. We are both very nervous now that the the final document will be sent to the creditors soon. I just hope they can be persuaded to accept it. My husband is a good man - all that has happened is because he wished to help me with a medical problem and our son. I hope the creditors will understand that. Thank you for reading this.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:35 pm
Hi J (mrs elv5) This site has been great for me as well and I am glad that it has provided some comfort to both you and your husband. There are some fantastic people on here and Melanie and her team do a great job. My IVA is just in the early setting up stages as well and David and his team have also been magnificent for me. Hope everything works out for you and hope that your health starts to improve soon.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 pm
Hello J, nice to see you posting.

Sorry David is suffering with his eyes and I hope he recovers soon.

You are with one of the best with Melanie and I am sure you will be on the way to a debt free life soon.

Just remember we're all here for you.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:08 pm
Thank you for the lovely post Mrs Elv. I have had a particulary rotten day, and that has really perked me up - and of course I will pass on your good wishes to the team.

I am looking forward to my chat tomorrow evening with David, following which I will finalise your proposals and they will be posted out to you before the Easter break.

Please tell David that all of his forum friends hope that he will be better soon.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Pap

Post by Pap » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 pm
Hi J

Nice to see you posting here. I had been wondering where David was as I hadn't seen aything from him for while, I do hope he feels better soon. Glad you're feeling a bit stronger, if you've had your appointment with Tom it won't be long now till it all gets sorted and you can move on.
Take care P x
May 2015 - Completed!!

Max

Post by Max » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:08 pm
Thank you all so much.J

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:14 am
You are in safe hands and I hope you both feel better soon and your troubles become a distant memory - Melanie and her team are experts not only in financial matters but in basic common sense councelling. Don't worry all will go well.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”