Barclaycard

53 posts Page 2 of 4

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat May 30, 2009 10:38 pm
I must admit I thought that Julie! It also said that they gave her £60 off her Barclaycard bill - how come she was still using them if they were giving her so much hassle?!?!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 30, 2009 10:41 pm
I think I'd have cancelled my card!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

johnnybriggs

Post by johnnybriggs » Sat May 30, 2009 11:29 pm
To be honest I think its just a Daily Mail story.
JB

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:49 am
You never know!

The first time I had my details used I was alerted by Lloyds TSB when the card went way over limit. They immediately removed the offending transactions whilst they investigated but I was warned that if I was found to be lying, then they would go back on again. The card was used again afterwards and they immediately changed my account number.

The same happened about 3 or 4 years ago amd once again they changed my account number, no problem at all.

Would you not think as well that Barclaycard would question why you were applying for another card?
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

nicrbk1

Post by nicrbk1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:10 pm
I'm not sure but I think Barclay Card use the same firm of heavies as Amex who can get particularly shirty over missed payments.

Of all my creditors, MINT were the most understanding and helpful.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:13 pm
they sound a mint creditor [:D]
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Max

Post by Max » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:16 pm
Amex use a London firm of solicitors - bully boys they are in every meaning of the word. Look them up the name begins with a B

Adam16

Post by Adam16 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:40 am
I found Barclays to be particulary aggressive along with Mint.

Blackhorse were the most relaxed, to the extent that even though they were my primary creditor they didnt vote at my creditors meeting despite have significant arrears.
50 months down 22 to go!

poppyfairy

Post by poppyfairy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:34 am
Morning All Image
Dreadful story that one. I have been fortunate that I have not had my details stolen. However what I did have was when my ex-husband and I seperated he decided to use the existing bank account to mount up an over draft and change the account to a premier account type thing with a £25 charge a month. Of course he had no intention of paying the charges or over draft and it was left to me to pay the £1000 off. This I did and asked for the account to be shut down or to remove my name. The bank - LLoyds - said they could not remove my name without my ex's permission - can you believe it! This he did not give for 6 - 7 months.
So in that time more charges which I had to pay - as he refused and of course I was also liable as my name was still on the account! It was only with my bank manager ringing him several times that he finally caved in and signed the paper releasing me. I don't know why there is such a policy - the account was just a normal account and once I paid everything was in the clear and still I could not get my name off it. Image

It must be a dreadful experience to have your identity stolen - but in all honesty the way we are scrutinised now, watched etc. and with the introduction of the id card etc. I think it all makes things easier for people to do that. There was a programme on BBC2 recently about how we are watched, unreal! They even watch people with their doggies - cameras etc, to make sure they pick up their doggies business! And the cost of all that?............No wonder the country is in such a bad way!

Have a great day one and all

Poppyfairy[:)]Image
There's an old zen saying 'Only an empty bowl can be filled'. It means that the moment you think you have nothing left is the moment when growth and progress become inevitable. Everytime you see an empty bowl, think of the potential.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:37 am
I have had details stolen twice, but both sorted out very quickly.

When my hubby and his ex split up, she cleared their joint account on payday and he had nothing for the month.

Fortunately he managed to get an account with Midland Bank (when they were a great bank), got his name taken off the other one, and got sorted.

I think that's a terrible story poppyfairy.
Bob Marley.

wonder

Post by wonder » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:06 am
Similar to hubby. After we got married we got letter off halifax saying hubby & his ex's account was overdrawn, but the account though was in joint names she had been using. Hubby had to pay half but she wouldn't pay her half for months and we kept getting letters telling us to pay. In the end hubby got her to pay it off then he could not take his name off the account til she had signed so we had to persuade her to do that. It went on for months. Thing is when they got divorced all their debts were paid off with the house funds but she had been using that money and we were expected to pay it. Told him to check in case he had overlooked any other accounts he had with her.
Life goes on!!

wonder

Post by wonder » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:09 am
When they split she took about £2000 out of their account. She also told csa that he had left her with no money for kids though he was still paying mortgage on their house as had not been sold at that point. She had also recieved over £2500 tax credits backdated months and said she had no money for food??? but she worked and recieved child benefit too. She was a spender. He still paid for kids too.
Last edited by wonder on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life goes on!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:25 am
Sounds a bit like my hubby's ex. Even though he was paying money every month, we still provided for other stuff as well.

Fortunately, we do all get on ok now - it's his kids who cause the problems, not their mother!
Bob Marley.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:31 pm
other way round for me to start with, mother was a pain. don't hear from her now
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:45 pm
It wouldn't bother me if his ex vanished from the radar, I must admit.
Bob Marley.
53 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “a success story”