Barclays collections...

9 posts Page 1 of 1

New Leaf

Post by New Leaf » Sat May 01, 2010 11:22 am
Received a letter from resolve call on behalf of Barclays today.

Basically the letter was stating that they had been trying to get hold of me, and could I ring the number on the letter which turned out to be Barclays collections.

As requested I rang the number, and the gentleman I spoke with was very reasonable , albeit he tried to give the impression that he was completely unaware of my situation and that they had no contact from anybody with regards to the setting up of an Iva.

At this point I explained to him that they had been sent letters by myself and the company dealing with my Iva.
I was then informed that they would not deal with any third parties with regards to the matter, to which I explained to him that I had signed an Authority to Act, which therefore gives permissions to act on my behalf, and the fact that I had received my proposal and the creditors meeting was set for the 13th May, and if I had received the proposal so should they have.

He however was having none of it, and after enquiring as to who was acting on my behalf continued to state that they would not deal with a third party regarding the matter.
I then remembered that my wife received a phone call off Barclays last week asking to speak to me, she told the caller that I was in work and tried to tell them that we were proposing an Iva, at this point rightly so the caller explained that he could not speak to my wife about the account, but if I wished to write a letter to them authorising her to speak on my behalf they would be able to deal with her in the event of not being able to speak to me.
I duly pointed this conflicting information out to the caller today and he seemed to back off, but gave me a fax number to which he required the company acting on my behalf to fax him confirmation that they were representing me in the matter.
I pointed out the fact that he had just contradicted himself again with regards to the third party issue, to which he stated that he would put the account on hold for thirty days as long as they received faxed confirmation from the company representing me.
It makes a change to be in control of the conversation, and it appears that they will resort to telling you anything in order to put the frighteners on you or prise some sort of payment out of you.
However the conversation never got as far as requesting payment, as he seemed more eager than myself to end the call.
Hopefully they won’t bother me to much between now and the creditors meeting.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 01, 2010 2:13 pm
Barclays are a nightmare, but good to see that you held your own and you weren't fazed by them!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

micawber

Post by micawber » Sun May 02, 2010 11:01 am
they were still calling my wife 3 weeks after our joint Iva had been accepted in the end i lost it, and told them to .... off ,haven't heard a word since
my other piece of advice copperfield is mr micawcer said, annual income £20 annual expenditure £19/19s/6d result happiness, annual income £20 annual expenditure £20/6d result misery.
charles dickens

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun May 02, 2010 11:22 am
and if I remember correctly that's what my husband did to them too and to this date heard nothing since, I think he shouted at them and referred them to the Insolvency Register as my firm but polite method wasn't working. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:47 pm
I'd have done the same! Other than a call on the day of acceptance, I've not heard anything else thankfully.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Blue Job

Post by Blue Job » Thu May 27, 2010 9:39 pm
Hi,

Good Luck with Barclays.

They are included in my IVA (I am one year in) BUT, they are now going after my wife through a DCA! So, they want my IVA payment PLUS a full settlement of the same account through my wife! Double payment! My IP is useless and unhelpful, so I am dealing with this by letter and through my CAB.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:42 pm
If it is a joint account then they will chase your wife for the whole amount as you are jointly and seperately liable for the debt.

If the debt is wholly in your name then they cannot chase your wife.

Who is your IP?
Bob Marley.

Blue Job

Post by Blue Job » Thu May 27, 2010 11:15 pm
My IP is Simple Debt Solutions

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:41 am
Is it a joint debt? If so, then your IP should have informed you that your wife would become liable for the debt.

You can try emailing your IP direct via this link:

http://www.insolvency-service.co.uk/newipsearch.htm
Bob Marley.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”