Basic Bank Account

24 posts Page 2 of 2

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:20 pm
Since our IVA approval we have opened both Smile current account (Visa debit card and cheque book) and Halifax easyaccount (Visa Electron)- neither asked the question about IVA or Bankruptcy so did not say - both accepted and both very good options!

Lulu
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

caraf

Post by caraf » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:18 am
Hi
I have just been into the Lloyds and they wont open a current account for me with a cheque book. So going online now to smile.co.uk to have a look
53 down 7 to go !!
Cant wait till December 2012

wen

Post by wen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:40 pm
caraf... smile will turn you down too as i think they only look at normal current accounts.

Call the co-op (who own smile anyway) and ask for a Cashminder account.
Please visit my blog http://adam.blogs.iva.co.uk/

caraf

Post by caraf » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Hi
I applied for a Smile account online 3 days ago and I have just been accepted, so my chequebook, visa debit card and paying in book are on its way. But they have given me a £500 overdraft which I dont want, what should I do ?
53 down 7 to go !!
Cant wait till December 2012

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:27 pm
I would just contact them and ask them to remove the overdraft, that's what I did with Lloyds TSB and they didn't ask any questions.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:38 pm
I'd agree with that, get the overdraft removed, even with the best intentions there will be time when that's too much of a temptation....

Martin

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:38 pm
We are with Smile and they issued us with an overdraft - we sent them a secure message via the internet banking option and they removed the overdraft and confirmed this in writing to us. To date Smile have been really good and we have had no issues!

Lulu
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Helper and Seeker

Post by Helper and Seeker » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:19 pm
I am with the Alliance & Leceister as it was either them or Abbey National as I basicaly owed everyother lender money so had to avoid them [:o)]

A & L gave me a full working account with debit card and cheque book.

I also opened a savings account as it is simpler to switch monies between accounts with the same firm if you get caught short or DD (direct debit) comes out early etc

There is never any need to pay for a bank account and nor should you when you can get the same services for free.

A & L also give you a great rate of interest too on your current account and your savings and I juggle my money between the two all the time to get the best rate as when you are in an IVA every single penny counts and is needed.

Just started my IVA as from 12.10.07
Just started my IVA as from 12.10.07

What ever deceision and choices we have ever made, are the ONLY and BEST decisions and choices we can make at THAT time with all the info we have to hand at THAT PRECISE moment in time - so no regrets!!

wen

Post by wen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:04 pm
polar, if you are around, you mentioned previous that when your IVA started that your LTSB account was frozen... did you owe LTSB money?
Please visit my blog http://adam.blogs.iva.co.uk/
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “bank accounts and credit cards”