black horse

9 posts Page 1 of 1

lisa

Post by lisa » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:57 pm
are gona refuse our iva..... i no this from what they jist said to me on phone.or should i say from what they said its seem that they are
very freindly he was today....
oh hi there i just got your stuff for and iva is this correct i said yeah as we cant aford to keep up payments on any thing and are in a mess. he said y didnt we ask them to reduse our payments,we wrote and phoned to say we were having probs back in feb they never offered to reduce payments just said they keep charges off i said it wasnt just them its every 1, he said ok no worrry we speak to you on 15th the day after out creditors meeting, it may be me reading it wrong but y would i need to speak to them the day after if they were gona aprove it, great god knows what im gona do now..... tocken payment we making aint making a diferance to an one and they all sending us defaults ect a very worried and fed up lisa not sure what to do any more

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:03 pm
Lisa try to stay positive, your IP wouldn't have taken your case on if they weren't confident of it's success.

What percentage of your debt is held by Blackhorse? If it's small enough then their decision to agree or not may be irrelevant.

Also it is unlikely that you have spoken with someone who has any say in whether your IVA is accepted or not. Most companies employ specific organisations to work on your behalf and these people are extremely unlikely to contact you themselves.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

lisa

Post by lisa » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:10 pm
hi i have 19,500 debt, we owe to 13 creditors and owe BH approx 4700 so its quite a bit of what we owe is to them... just feels so helpless, thing that anoys me, was when we had prob we contacted every 1 to say so yet Bh kept ringing and demanding payment thay got us in more trouble as then wed not have enough for other companies robbing peter to pay paul, if they offered to reduce payment wen we asked for help thing may have not got as bad.... im so scaared now as 2 companies have threat court so if this dont happen we gona end up at court or worse lisa

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:19 pm
Brave heart Lisa, the people that you are speaking to are specifically employed to "scare" / persuade money out of you. This is often done by threatening x,y and z.

Blackhorse are under 25% of your debt so in theory if everyone votes yes and Blackhorse vote no then your IVA is approved regardless. However, admittedly there are many potential permutations to the voting.

I would again emphasise that your IP would not undertake work on your case unless they were confident of it's success. Why not give your IP a call and run through your worries with them.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:19 pm
Lisa
Try not to let these calls upset you as said above it is unlikely the one making the decision would ring, these call centres say things like this to push you into paying something as they are on commission a lot of the time, so try to relax and wait for the meeting, there is always a solution even if the meeting doesnt go well. Againa a lot of the time thre court thing is just to get you to pay it takes ages to do that and by then I am sure something would be sorted.
Hope this helps

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:11 pm
Hi
As Oliver states BH do not have 25% of your debt so even if they say no you can still get your IVA agreed.The person you spoke to,in my opinion,will not have any input into your IVAs acceptance or not.
Leave it to your IP and do not engage in lengthy discussions with them,simply state your IPs details.
Hang in there Lisa,Black horse are very agreeable to IVAs.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson and site manager
(aka Neverending)

Please check out my blog: http://andydavie.blogs.iva.co.uk

View my profile here:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp
Andam Davies

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:28 pm
lisa most of your creditors will threaten you with court and most of them will not take that action, these are threats as they know that they will make you scared, i never paid BH for 5 months and had all the threats under the sun even to charging orders on to my house, the thing is it costs them to take you to court and it doesn't happen over night they have to go through a process and it can take months before their case is presented to the judge, one thing if you are already making token payments and can;t afford more and the judge sees this he will throw it out of court for waste of time and may even tell you to pay less so don't fret on that score, all you can do now is sit back and await your creditors meeting and see what the outcome of that is, what is the worst that the creditors can do to you? nothing a ccj? you won't go to prison and you won't be flogged throught the streets, try and stay calm and let your IP deal with it that is what you are paying them to do, easier said than done, don't fall for any of their scare tactics and tell them to deal directly with your IP.

good luck i hope it goes through for you, anytime you need advice or a rant or just to see if any of us on here have had the same experience fire away thats what we are here for.
kerri

one other piece of advice i received in regards to BH and lloyds they very rarely ever take court action. and they certainly didn't with me in the last 8 months.

Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Hunter1

Post by Hunter1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:08 am
I had HSBC and MBNA as creditors and they both said they would vote against my proposal.

On the day of the creditors meeting suprise suprise neither of them bothered to vote and my IVA went through with a 100% yes vote!

Don't worry yourself over this - let your IP do their job. Fingers crossed for you.

lisa

Post by lisa » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:58 pm
thanks for your answers im just dreading the IVa been refused as im not sure my marradge can survive, in fact i no it wont, we just scrapinhg by at the min this IVA was to b our new start
Last edited by lisa on Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for april”