Blair Oliver

6 posts Page 1 of 1

yahwob

Post by yahwob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:33 am
Hi,

Anyone have any dealings with Blair Oliver? I've just received a text message asking me to ring them. I'm currently on a DMP,have been for a year and I'm pretty sure Sainsburys credit card have now passed my account onto Blair Oliver. I'm at work at the moment so I can't ring them till tonight anyway but was just wondering what I can expect if other people have dealt with them.

Thanks

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:05 pm
Blair, Oliver and Scott are the collections arm of the Bank of Scotland who own Sainbury's Bank. If you look the initials are the same so there is nothing to worry about. They may just be trying to get an increase in the DMP payments but ring them anyway.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm
They're the ones who took over our Halifax debt as well. When we were on a DMP and they just used to phone us for an update every six months to see if anything had changed at all.

We had no problems with them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

yahwob

Post by yahwob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:57 pm
Well I rang them and the guy was friendly enough, basically everything will just continue on as normal with just a slight increase in the monthly payment I make.

Couple of good things though, they only do six month reviews rather than the 3 month ones Sainsuburys did, and he also told me that they offer a 25% discount off the total debt if you settle early, not that it's likely right now but still nice to know.

So all in all nothing to worry about which is a relief.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:10 pm
Excellent news.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 pm
It is good news and so glad they were friendly.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Debt Management”