BR Package received

6 posts Page 1 of 1

swardy73

Post by swardy73 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:03 pm
Hi there,

I have just received a package today after declaring myself bankrupt last wednesday(25th July). This i presume is the normal paperwork and leaflets that are sent out. I am just completing the bits i need to before sending these back to the OR.
I have completed a form NTB2 that basically is my acknowledgement of things i need to do during BR, and also form TNIDIS which is asking for my employers address and NI number. This form also asks for my tax reference number. Now, i seem to have a bit of a problem with this as when i completed my on-line BR forms, i was asked for this, and i managed to find out my tax office and phone number, but i was told that i dont have a tax reference number that is unique to me! Has anyone else had a problem with obtaining this number or is it just me?? Skippy, Kerri or anyone else, please can you help?

Also, i was expecting this package to tell me when to expect the phone call from my OR, but it says on the letter that 'upon reviewing the information that you provided to the court, i have decided that it is not necessary to interview you at this time'. Is this also normal, and would i get a call from my OR to let me know when this is, as i must have to run through my I&E again to confirm what my BR monthly payment will be surely? I will call my OR tomorrow, but just wanted to make sure the letter was normal.

Thanks again everyone.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:25 pm
You can find your tax reference number from your latest P60 - but this is likely to be the reference of your employer rather than your own unique number, unless you are a higher rate tax payer.

Interesting about the lack of OR interview - this must be a new policy, and the cynic in me feels one further relaxation in our present bankruptcy system. I am sure that it is a relief to you though!

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

swardy73

Post by swardy73 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:49 pm
Hi melanie,

Thanks for quick reply. I'll dig out my P60.

The letter from the OR did seem surprising and i'll call her in the morning to see if i have missed something. I have not heard of anyone from this forum who hasn't had some kind of communication with their OR to at least sort out their monthly payments. Unless they have decided my I&E seems ok, but surely they will need proof of payslips and various other documents. I will post again after i call the OR to see if this is right.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:57 pm
I found my tax number on a letter from HMRC.

I had a phone call from the OR the day after my BR hearing when she told me when my telephone interview would be. After the interview I then got a letter from the OR advising me how much I would pay per month into my IPA, and also when the first payment would be due.

I ended up having to phone the OR as the IPA hadn't been set up by the time the first payment was due. It was then passed to a firm called Clarke Willmott who collect the money. If you ever have to speak to anyone at CW you'll find they are lovely - nothing is too much trouble for them. I had a pay rise in April, but I advised CW of that and haven't heard anything back from them.

Touch wood, I have only spoken to the OR once since the IPA was set up, and that was because I phoned them as Littlewoods were hassling me.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

swardy73

Post by swardy73 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:06 pm
Thanks very much Skippy.

It will be a relief when i know how much i'm paying and when i start. How long after your court hearing did it take before your first payment was made? Thanks

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:19 pm
My court date was 29th March and I made the first payment on 30th June! They are not exactly speedy, but the good thing is they don't ask for back payments!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for july”