BR Question

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm
Hello again all,

me and my partner are just in process of going BR.

My question is regarding our bank accounts.

I understand that just before you have your court hearing you should empty your account to live but our date is just a week before we get paid(end of month). therefore we will not have money when we get paid the following week, as the account will be frozen before we get paid again.

What happens in this case please?

Hope it makes sense?
Last edited by Navydog on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 pm
It is likely that your accounts will be unfrozen as soon as the Official Receiver can speak to your Bank, but there are no guarantees about this I am afraid. If there is any doubt, it may be better to reschedule your hearing, to have more time to deal with the bank account issue before you next pay date.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:05 pm
Hi - the OR doesn't freeze your account its upto the individual banks and this doesn't happen straight away. If it does the OR can instruct the bank to release the funds. You will have to declare what funds you have in the account but the OR will understand its salary etc.

Alternatively, could you arrange for salaries to go into someone else's account until you set up another account?

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:43 pm
Thank you both for answers. i thought about putting it into my mums account but didnt want it looking like i was hiding funds etc.

thanks again
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy”