BR -Well the deed is done!

38 posts Page 2 of 3

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:18 pm
You may be ok with the mortgage payment Brassic - the bank will only freeze your account when the OR contacts them to say that you are BR.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:29 pm
Many many thanks all for your help and advice.[:X] Think I may well have been tipped over the edge if it weren't for this forum and the fab people who give their time and make the effort to help. And yes Melanie it was filed here in sunny Cardiff! Will read Pippa's posts to see what I can expect! But having to wait 2 weeks for the OR interview - is that normal? Or is it just that half the population of South Wales have chosen August to file for BR??!!

pippa

Post by pippa » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:35 pm
Hi Brassiclintus,

Well done for getting through today

As melanie said, think I am in your neck of the woods. also had that in limbo feeling as I didnt actually go before the judge, and was a little disappointed that I had to wait for OR meeting for two weeks too. But check out my post from yesterday,

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5239

meeting was fine, mine lasted an hour but only because I asked a lot of questions!
Dont worry if you have forgotten anything on your I&E, just mention it when the OR raises the topic.

Any questions ask away, good luck with everything

Pippa

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:53 pm
Hi Pippa, I've read your posts and our I&E are almost identical!!!! Bit worried if he said your household expenses was a bit high at £300 for 2 people because that's what I spend and there's just me!!! But my household budget includes dry cleaning for my uniform jackets and blazer and as my generous employer only allows us 2 pairs of trousers (and I work on average 6 days a week!) I do a lot of washing which costs a small fortune! Also my car is worth about £6500, (only decent reliable car I have ever owned!!!) I have someone who will "buy" it back but it just depends on what amount the OR allows me for a car, And I've put down £20 a month for pet care, although at the moment this is higher because I had a little surprise when one of my two male (as sexed by the pet store) dwarf hamsters produced 7 bouncing balls of fluff! It's amazing how much food the little blighters can stuff away! Anyway once again, I'm so pleased for you and your posts have really helped. Many thanks.

pippa

Post by pippa » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:11 pm
Not sure about the car, mine is down as 2.5K which OR said would be fine even if it was a little higher, but said he will come back to me if it is thought to be a lot more, but I didnt actually ask what the maximum amount allowed was. He stated that in cases where the value is high they would sell the car but reimburse you enough to buy a cheaper option, again I didnt think to ask how much from the sale they would return, sorry.
Thought I might have to give a good reason to keep the car as dont live far from city centre and have good bus links, but he covered it very quickly, just asked me if I used it for getting to work, and said I could keep it. I didnt say a word (makes a change).

The interview really isnt too bad, I was just a little nervous, and he was very nice, as my BR was as a result of a rejected IVA proposal we even had a natter about the subject.

Good luck with the hamsters, sorry I cant take any off your hands its already like Noahs Ark here!

Just shout if you have anymore questions running up to the meeting,

Pippa

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:36 pm
Thanks Pippa, i'm sure there will be more questions over the next 2 weeks! But even I'm sick of the site at my own posts at the mo! Going to have an early night, hopefully get some sleep and be ready to sort out mortgage and all the direct debits for my new bank account tomorrow. One quick question - did the OR say which paper you're BR will be published in? Because a colleague of mine went BR in Cardiff and he says it wasn't published anywhere because he wasn't a business - but I thought all BR's were?

pippa

Post by pippa » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:01 pm
ermmmm......strange you should ask that because thats another question I forgot to raise, and he didnt mention it,

next time i speak to him i will try to remember, but please let me know if you hear first. that would be great if that was the case, although to be honest I am not going to worry about it, have already used up too much energy on the negatives lately[;)].

Pippa

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:28 pm
All bankruptcies are published in the London Gazette and also in a local paper. I was worried it would be the free paper that everyone reads but it was in the one you have to pay for.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:37 pm
Well since I knew I was going for BR I've been checking our local rag and all I've seen is a few business BR notices. Can't believe that in South Wales over the last few weeks there haven't been any individual BR's tho (there were 3 of us waiting today alone!). But at the moment my BR being published is the least of my worries! Keep checking my old account and mortgage payment still hasn't cleared! Must stop obsessing and go to bed!!!!![|)]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:52 pm
I cut my notice out of the paper and kept it - just in case I wanted to get credit in the future so I can look at it! Not that I'm ever likely to forget!

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:06 pm
Well Skippy they reckon that everyone's famous for 15 minutes (or should that be infamous in the case of BR??!!!) You've had your fame, and now you're debt free you can work on the fortune bit!!!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:14 pm
Dave actually commented on the things I'll do to get in the papers!

Hmmm, fortune would be nice but I'm not holding my breath!

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:28 pm
Ok if not fortune then how about fortunate?! You seem to have a lovely supportive partner - unlike mine who left me in the lurch after I had supported him thru Uni for the last 3 years (part of the reason I got up to my neck in debt!!!!) he then decided that he didn't want to get a job just yet and b*****ed off to take a year out!!!!! Marvellous isn't it - he leaves uni debt free (possibly the only student ever to leave uni without a student debt) and I'm left with about 57K debt and have had to go BR!!! Ho humm.. live and learn.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:31 pm
Oh Brassic, that's terrible. I really don't understand how some people can treat others like that, especially those they are supposed to love. I know I'm lucky to have Dave (he agrees!) - your Mr Right is out there somewhere. I wish you all the luck in the world for your debt free future x

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:36 pm
Just feel like i've been taken for a right mug! I kept borrowing and borrowing because we'd agreed that after he graduated, he'd get a job, we'd sell my house, pay my mortgage and secured loan off, use our combined wages to pay off the other credit, get married and live happily ever after together!!!! Ha! Still, I will live happily ever after - just on my own!!!! [:)]
38 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “bankruptcy approved, what a relief!!”