Britannia Hotel Birmingham 29th March

140 posts Page 10 of 10

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:34 pm
Just wanted to add my thanks to Andy for the hard work in organising the evening ... Bev for her hospitality, such a lovely lady ... Melanie for the food ... which when one was as hungry as I was was wonderful! But I did have a quite giggle at the hotel staff even attempting to take our Melanie on ... you are as wonderfully dynamic in person as your contributions to the Forum Melanie.

Lovely to see John and Gwen again ... and you CAN truly see that Martin is your son Gwen!! I am also off to the Vodafone website to find about the roaming internet access.

Wonderful to meet Emma and Pixie (you both have such lovely smiles [:)]), Gavin 1 and Gavin 2, Donna, Paul, Ang and Lily ... you all so lovely (hope I haven't forgotten anyone) ... aren't we lucky to be amongst such lovely people.

I look forward to travelling just up the road for the May meeting ... and catching up with those of you for whom it is too far south at a later date in a more northern area [:)]

All best wishes to everyone.

Debbie
Debbie

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:13 pm
It was so good last night to be able to meet everyone and put faces to names - everyone more lovely than they come accross on the forum[:D]

Only just posting at this time as did not sleep all night at the hotel as so much noise from outside - window open or shut, made no difference!! Was going to leave and drive home about 3 in the morning but felt to scared to walk back to car park on my own[:0]
Maybe its because I live in the middle of nowhere and very peaceful and am not used to drunken revellers!! Hope everyone else stating had a better nights sleep.

Melanie, Many thanks for the food and it was very funny to see the attitude waitress try to take you on (still making me laugh now...LOL) It did not mar the evening at all in my mind, just added a few laughs..
I hope you and all the people in your office enjoy the chocs and goodies....don't worry when you open it, I have not been splashing £££'s in Molton Brown these are left over samples we used for a giveaway recently at work[:D]

Ang, I would have waited outside with you for your taxi man, at ast you got home in the end.

As I say so great to meet all you lovely people and I hoep to see you all again & big thanks to Andy for organising the evening..
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

IFA Law

Post by IFA Law » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:24 pm
It was good to meet you all and you made me feel welcome.

I still deny that i look like my mum (guess i'll have to shave off my beard)!!

Emmat said it was noisy at the hotel. We stayed at the hotel and the people above us were throwing things out of their window to smash on our balcony at 4am.

Still had a good time though.
Independent Mortgage and Financial Advice from:

Martin Law BSc (Hons) CeMAP
Financial Planning Consultant
LighthouseTemple.

For a free initial consultation call 01452 537162

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:47 pm
I heard that Martin, I thought it was roof tiles falling off the hotel roof!! I had to get up and have a look what was going on - I gather that quite a few people going out for the night in Birmingham stay in that hotel,so it was probably some drunk so and so[:(!]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

pixie

Post by pixie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:43 pm
It must pay to check in early, my room was lovely and peaceful!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08
140 posts Page 10 of 10
Return to “past frugal friends meetings”