Buisness Account!!!!

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Martin.78

Post by Martin.78 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:01 pm
Anybody would think you had commited murder going into an IVA sometimes! all i want is a buisness acc with my buisness name on it. I have a co-op acc (joint with wife) rung them up and they carnt help me, rung RBS no go.....Rung barclays...and after 2 seperate calls back from them i was told somebody from the local branch would ring me after my details were passed on.....i was quite excited as ive read on here they usually help you...2 weeks later..no call. I tried think banking and they said no to a buisness acc and if it looks like its used as one it gets closed! Then after more google search you find these companies who will 100% get you a buisness account for a tidy some of £150-£250 depending on who you ring, how is this possible?? they say they can get you an account with the leading banks who shut the door in your face when you mention IVA. They must be somebody out there who gives IVA "scum" a buisness acc? i dont want overdraft, cheque book or free banking!! just something to seperate my money so i know weather im coming or going. I dont want a normal acc with just my on, but by the looks of it i may need to go down that road if that isnt blocked aswell. i finally got some public liabilty from here so im hoping theres a god on here again to help :-(

Thanks for the shoulder to cry on.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:08 pm
Hi I'm sorry to hear that you can't get a business account.

I can't help with whom to try but you but maybe one of oour other posters will have an idea for you.

Crazy isn't it, when we're doing our best to remedy our debts
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:18 pm
Try Natwest, I believe they are quite good.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Alan.7

Post by Alan.7 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:12 pm
Hi
I phoned rbs and got no were so phoned and got an appointment I told them strait away I was on a iva so she done a check and it came back with I was a bankrupt but then she made a phone call and it was sorted two weeks later a business account and visa debit card no overdraft but three years free banking so not to bad

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:16 pm
It is disgraceful the way that some companies treat people who have acted responsibly with regard to making an arrangement to repay their creditors, and who are prepared to take a risk on running a business to help contribute towards the UK's GDP. For a flexible bank prepared to give small businesses a chance, they are missing a real earning potential here, and it is time the British Bankers Association took note.

I may well conduct some research of my own into this, and put forward some suggestions/proposals.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:43 pm
I agree with Melanie, I feel that we are penalised for repaying out debts in a lot of ways (not just bank accounts). x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Josh.70

Post by Josh.70 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:09 pm
Try going online and setting up a bus account with santander. I did this, I have no facilities regarding overdrafts, but do have direct debits, standing orders, online banking, cheque book, and visa debit. Only hassle is not a lot of branches so when you pay your cheques into the post office it can take upto about 10 days. Hope this helps.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:41 pm
That's great news Josh! Hopefully a few self-employed posters will benefit from your experience with Santander.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”