Can anyone advice please? im desperate.

22 posts Page 2 of 2

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:46 pm
Steve, it's not to late to change ip's/IVA companies until you sign and the IVA is set up. I'm a bit concerned that the debt has been counted as being owed twice. I can understand them including it in both proposals but there is only one debt and that surely should be shared equally between both of you....
It's nice to be back......

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:42 pm
It is concerning that a disposable income figure originally discussed with you as being affordable now has increased by 50% - apparently without your agreement. I would definately try and speak to the IP directly to see if they know what is happening at ground level with their staff who are putting the proposals together.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

LoneRanger

Post by LoneRanger » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:52 pm
Thanks Melanie.

I think a memebr of your staff will be contacting me shortly to discuss a proposal with me.

It appears the guy who i skpok to initially allowed X amount for things which gave the figure of £500 and then when the proposal came through they had all been reduced saying it was 2 much etc. allowances for certain things according to the cccs should be reviewed in my opinion, we pay 24.99 for internet on top of our phone and cable, which she said wont be allowed to be included as it goes over the maximum amount for tv,tel and int.

Shocking really as at the end of the day this is what we pay.
My weekly earnings are £308 net and the figure came back as me earning £325. the woman based that on me doing 2 accounts of overtime which are the only time i have ever done overtime.
Steve.

IVA approved!

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:56 pm
Hi, I thought that overtime was not included when working out what you earn. I thought the IVA was based on basic take home pay? Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:58 pm
I would hesitate to include overtime unless it was guaranteed and regular, and your proposal should be based on what you actually pay, but most creditors do observe the CCCS guidelines. I usually show internet separate from telephone expenditure to be honest, and this is rarely challenged.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

LoneRanger

Post by LoneRanger » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:06 pm
Well weather i accept to pay this or not something need doing fast. Im not prepared to pay for this stupidity for the rest of my life. STRESS [V]
Steve.

IVA approved!

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:24 pm
This is what happened to us, the IVA company kept coming back and altering our figures and "massaging" others! I was concerned that we would not be able to afford the payments for 6 years, the last couple of years, the payments shot up to £800 per month, at the time my job was only for 2 years, so I am not sure what would have happened to the IVA at that point if I could not have got another job! We thought long and hard and decided to go bankrupt, we could not afford our mortgage and secured loan anyway and credit rating would be shot whatever option we did so went for the least detrimental to our circumstances and have not had to pay anything back.
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for june”