Can I do this !!

11 posts Page 1 of 1

downandout

Post by downandout » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 pm
Have taken the plunge and ontacted andy davie.I have been trawling this site for a couple of weeks laft some post's and have found it invaluable i am going to set a new account up tomorrow with the co-op.Now i belive it will take a few weeks to have my wages transfered and they may still go to the old account ( i am paid on the 25th) i have an online account right now. I was thinking when my wages get paid into my current account maybe i could transfer them all to my new account and then cancelling all direct debits in one go,in the mean time send out leters to the direct debits i will be keeping advising them of the new account. I will be sending my pack with relevent signitures back to VB this weekend .Or am working arse about face lol

CONFIDENCE LEVEL-LOW
GUILT LEVEL -HIGH

But common sence says it's for the best

THIS IS THE DAY MY LIFE GET'S BACK ON TRACK.(POSSIBLY)
The first step to getting back on track

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:45 pm
Hi Down and Out. Andy will look after you, be guided by his expert advice. You are doing OK :0)

Your confidence / guilt meter will be all over the place for a while -- but. persevere, we are all here to help, advise or give a shoulder to lean on.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

terry d

Post by terry d » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:19 pm
yoove done the right thing and going with VB will be the right thing as well,were all here cos we a bit thick with money you see,well i was anyway ,but now its cash only like being in the war but your own war against debt,
never cment on me speling its rubbish and i didnt go to schola lot okk

made bankrupt 1st august 2012 at 10.00am
now disharged so bankrupt no more thank god im free of debt now

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:26 pm
Just a quick warm welcome from me. Stick with it, and you will discover you can do things you thought were impossible..
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:30 pm
Well done out and about - you have taken the firswt big step to getting back on track and all the posters on here will be there to support you along the way. Keep us posted how it all goes.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

downandout

Post by downandout » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:37 pm
Thanks all for the welcome , i would really appreciate a view on what i am proposing to do whether it will be possible and how it will be viewed by the bank who is my biggest creditor

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:01 pm
Good luck downandout.

That's the way we did things. We held off sending our signed proposal back until we knew the bank account was in place and our wages had gone into the new account.

Your IP will not notify the creditors until you have signed the proposal. We owed over £15,000 to our bank and our overdraft was right up to it's limit but they still said yes so although it's hard, please don't worry too much.

We all have feelings that the IVA will not be rejected but it's not in your IP's interest to submit a proposal they do not have total confidence in.

Please stick around and ask any questions.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

downandout

Post by downandout » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:51 pm
Umm.. my mortgage is also with my bank ..so in one breath i am cancelling my diret debit on my bank loans and then i am going to have to notify the same bank of my new details of my new account.
Last edited by downandout on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:25 pm
Welcome from me as well.

The old bank won't be able to take any money from your new one so don't worry about that

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 pm
Hi there. I'm new at this too. I sent of my paperwork to Vincent Bond 2 weeks ago. I firstly opened a new bank account, once i knew this was in place i then deleted all my direct debits online. I then called my direct debit payments such as mortgage/ gas / insurance and set up new direct debits with my new account. If any direct debits were due i would pay a manual payment over the phone with my card. My wage is due Monday and hopefully will go into my new account if not i will transfer online. I was a bit worried that my old bank account would realise what i was doing as i have an overdraft and credit card with my old account. You seem to be doing the right thing. I just keep checking both accounts online to make sure all is ok. I've also been given a reference number if my creditors call me then i pass this on along with Vincent Bond telephone details etc. I had my first collections call today from santander and passed this information to them, they then told me they would no longer call me and to keep them informed of my IVA process. I'm just now waiting to find out if i have been accepted. If not i'm not sure what i'll do :@ Good luck :)
Stop the world i wanna get off !!!!!!!

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 pm
P>S my reference number was given to me by Vincent Bond, who so far have been brilliant, i feel i'm in good hands :)
Stop the world i wanna get off !!!!!!!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”