can i pull out of an iva

20 posts Page 2 of 2

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:08 pm
I'm sure my so-called friend thought I'd only done it to get out of paying my debts!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

pippa

Post by pippa » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:33 pm
Skippy I too am with you on this one,

The whole point of the IVA was to speak up admit I had a problem do something about it and pay back as much as i could over a fixed timescale. I still, when asked state that I would have prefered the IVA route. BR is NOT EASY. My expenditure only gives me £20 more than my IVA did, although yes I did not have enough surplus to pay an IPA but I am borderline at £90 so come April when I get a pay rise (although inflation based) who knows I could still get one, but then there is the house..........
I feel people think I have been allowed to wipe the slate clean yet I will be paying the consequences for a long time to come.

Perhaps I should have hung on a bit to see the repercussions of Northern Rock situation and their future stance on IVA's as a main creditor, but who was to know.

Pippa

sonyse2t5

Post by sonyse2t5 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:43 pm
As I said there is a post I saw yesterday of someone with an ongoing IVA with NR and Blackhorse debt - the meeting was ajourned while NR reconsiders???? This could be a breakthrough!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:22 pm
That's just it Pippa, no-one knows what the future holds. I am approximately £270 a month better off than I was in my IVA, but as I couldn't afford to pay Dave anything towards the bills etc (as the fugures in my IVA were wrong) I don't actually see much of that! At least I feel I'm paying my way now, and Dave isn't having to support me any more.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

freda.s

Post by freda.s » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:58 pm
Why are people complaining about I.V.A's. It is the best thing we have done. No more telephone calls, no more dreading the postman, not sleeping and frightened what the day may bring.What we have now is peace of mind and although we don't have any spare money at least we are learning to manage it better.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”