Can’t cope anymore iva crippling

17 posts Page 1 of 2

Ben93

Post by Ben93 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:07 pm
Good afternoon everyone I’ve just had my 2nd review on my Iva and I just can’t cope now when I started the Iva my payments were 208 a month I owe around 14k ish to creditors according to my original Iva meeting paperwork I have on my emails.

Now my payments rose the first year to 281 then this year they are saying I can pay 381! A month. Now over the next 3 years I’m gonna end up paying nearly 6k more than the original debt which seems counter productive to the Iva to start with.

I also can’t ring the Iva company as I never paid the increased amount this month I have no credit to pay it and my circumstances have changed I have a 4 month old now I have had 2 pay rises but Mrs is now not working and I have a dependant yet they’re putting the pyments up.

Now I get texts from them about the 100 pound I havnt paid as I paid the original 281 but they don’t answer my emails they just harass with texts daily the Iva company seem not to care about you and only there own interests. Never dealt with anyone so uncaring and I don’t know what to do

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:53 pm
Which firm are you with ?

Demand a copy of their calculations, so that you know what you are arguing against.

Is there any reason why you cannot go bankrupt ?

With the wife's lost income you might even qualify for a Debt Relief Order if you can get your disposable income right down. Your local CAB should be able to help with this. ( https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt- ... d-to-know/ )
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Ben93

Post by Ben93 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:18 pm
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:53 pmFoggy wrote:
Which firm are you with ?

Demand a copy of their calculations, so that you know what you are arguing against.

Is there any reason why you cannot go bankrupt ?

With the wife's lost income you might even qualify for a Debt Relief Order if you can get your disposable income right down. Your local CAB should be able to help with this. ( https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt- ... d-to-know/ )
I don’t think I’d be able to go bankrupt I’d be able to maybe pay the same as I was or maybe a bit less it would be tight but as you can imagine month to month baby outgrows things I have to buy nappies wipes milk toys, petrol prices are mental they don’t take into account stuff like this, I’m probably spending 3-400 a month of my 2600 pay just on fuel with car insurance tax etc bills rent shopping I’m lucky to have between 150-350 a month left over feeding and housing me the Mrs and my little one.

I’m with Hanover insolvency and reading the Google reviews I wish I’d known before they seem to just be quick enough to review and up there payments but ignore emails etc. I’ve emailed my statements and outgoing going out my bank explain g what is what etc and to show I have no money left. But they haven’t answered them emails all I got was a generic we will contact the relevant department!! I can’t ring them even though I’m getting daily texts about being in arrears coz I havnt even got the credit on my phone to call and wait on hold for 2 hours as normal with them.

Just never been so stressed

I know 381 on a iva don’t seem much with 2600 after tax per month but when I’m feeding 2 others and looking after a baby and paying rent and bills driving and other stuff it don’t last.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:27 pm
They should add on the extra expenses fr the little one and reduce your payment. I would suggest that you email your named supervisor ( The IP) direct and complain. You can then escalate the complaint to their regulatory body, via the Government Gateway, if no joy: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner .
Sometimes the threat of a complaint can focus their mind !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:29 pm
Totally agree with Foggy. That's an increase that is neither realistic or sustainable and your IP needs to complete a full review of your circumstances to offer support etc. Let us know how you get on..
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ben93

Post by Ben93 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:58 am
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:29 pmluluj wrote:
Totally agree with Foggy. That's an increase that is neither realistic or sustainable and your IP needs to complete a full review of your circumstances to offer support etc. Let us know how you get on..
To be honest I can’t call as I’m not even left with money for credit now and my 4 month old is more a priority than the Iva company to me I’ve never even been told by them who my ip contact is I’ve just dealt with different people there every year so have emailed the 3 emails direct to people there that I do hold who I dealt with when I set it up asking for my correct contact email and that I have no credit and that there is no way I can afford a 100 pound a month increase I may have had a 3k pay rise but our household income is down 22-24k! Without the Mrs working
That’s without the cost of living increases and the costs of a baby

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:26 am
What is the name of your supervisor, as detailed in your proposal / chairman's report: Quail or Millington ?

Ben93

Post by Ben93 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:43 am
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:26 amFoggy wrote:
What is the name of your supervisor, as detailed in your proposal / chairman's report: Quail or Millington ?
Dylan quail but no details on how to contact

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:43 am
Insolvency Practitioner Details

Name
Mr DYLAN AUDLEY QUAIL
Company
Hanover Insolvency
Address
Sale Point, Washway Road, Sale, Cheshire, M33 6AG
Telephone
0161 905 4764
Fax
IP Number
Licensing Body
IPA
Email
dylan.quail@hanoverinsolvency.co.uk

Ben93

Post by Ben93 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:26 pm
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:43 amFoggy wrote:
Insolvency Practitioner Details

Name
Mr DYLAN AUDLEY QUAIL
Company
Hanover Insolvency
Address
Sale Point, Washway Road, Sale, Cheshire, M33 6AG
Telephone
0161 905 4764
Fax
IP Number
Licensing Body
IPA
Email
dylan.quail@hanoverinsolvency.co.uk
Thank you I think I’m getting somewhere now they’re reviewing stuff they asked for proof my partners maternity pay was due to end soon etc and have put other stuff on hold but I’m trying to explain even before her mat pay completely finished next mont that we have no money so have send my outgoings and statements to try to back this up as much as possible if not I will have to see if I can pursue bankruptcy

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:02 am
Glad things are progressing albeit slowly. Hopefully they will agree something that is realistic and supports your current circumstances.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ben93

Post by Ben93 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:00 am
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:02 amluluj wrote:
Glad things are progressing albeit slowly. Hopefully they will agree something that is realistic and supports your current circumstances.
I just wished I’d never got into one to be honest my life is so restricted now. They don’t understand why some things are more expensive for some people. I live rural. So I use a lot of petrol as the closest Asda is a 50 mile round trip for me for example. So I use at least 2-300 a month on petrol which they deem as excessive. I’d love to go buy an electric car but that would also be deemed as unnessasary and expensive. There really is no winning and I think Iva advertisements are batted about like they’re wonderful things when they’re really not.

Like the “write up to 80 percent of your debts off” yeah right I’m paying back 9k more than I owed 😂 and my life’s awful because of it. If something breaks like my car I have to ask my family to pay for it and pay them back as I have no disposable income left over for car repairs. They moaned about 40 pound a month being excessive for maintaining a car 😂 my cars 20 years old.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:41 am
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:00 amBen93 wrote:
I just wished I’d never got into one to be honest my life is so restricted now. They don’t understand why some things are more expensive for some people. I live rural. So I use a lot of petrol as the closest Asda is a 50 mile round trip for me for example. So I use at least 2-300 a month on petrol which they deem as excessive. I’d love to go buy an electric car but that would also be deemed as unnessasary and expensive. There really is no winning and I think Iva advertisements are batted about like they’re wonderful things when they’re really not.

Like the “write up to 80 percent of your debts off” yeah right I’m paying back 9k more than I owed 😂 and my life’s awful because of it. If something breaks like my car I have to ask my family to pay for it and pay them back as I have no disposable income left over for car repairs. They moaned about 40 pound a month being excessive for maintaining a car 😂 my cars 20 years old.
I take the overly bright and cheery, "Pay as little as possible" firms with a large pinch of salt. An IVA isn't the only solution out there and certainly isn't suitable for everyone and it certainly isn't the bed of roses that some paint it as --- but, that said, properly used and supervised, it can be a lifesaver for some and, in most cases, a proportion of the debt is written off. I fear that many, especially with relatively low debt levels, are miss-sold IVA's --- which may become the next big compensation claim target.

Ben93

Post by Ben93 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:22 pm
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:41 amFoggy wrote:

I take the overly bright and cheery, "Pay as little as possible" firms with a large pinch of salt. An IVA isn't the only solution out there and certainly isn't suitable for everyone and it certainly isn't the bed of roses that some paint it as --- but, that said, properly used and supervised, it can be a lifesaver for some and, in most cases, a proportion of the debt is written off. I fear that many, especially with relatively low debt levels, are miss-sold IVA's --- which may become the next big compensation claim target.
Wouldn’t suprise me especially when I had 14k debt which isn’t massive massive and would of been solved better probbaly by a dmp or just bankruptcy possibly etc

Ben93

Post by Ben93 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:25 pm
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:41 amFoggy wrote:

They’re ignoring me again now they asked for proof my Mrs mat pay has ended but it ends next month but I’m trying to explain even now it’s Not ended I don’t have any extra money to spare just had to get a used car that my dad paid for that I’m now paying back 950 quid car but all I could afford to borrow off family.

Just the general costs of living rent bills and 1 person working is not working out with this iva they just seem to see money left over but if there is you’re talking 50-60 quid in which cases some months I need that as stuff fluctuates monthly it’s not the same
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”