can you claim an allowance for smoking ?

33 posts Page 3 of 3

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:09 pm
winter_blues wrote:

Skippy, The replies I was referring to are from Broke Of London and Plasticdaft. To say that my claim is "outrageous" is judgmental and inflamatory. To compare an allowance agreed for by the I.P to "champagne allowance" or "pie at football allowance" is silly.

I hope the Admin team will be fair and balanced and remove those remarks.

Parjay asked a sensible and relavant question which was sadly hijacked by the anti smoking brigade.

Why this debt question be moved to the social post is strange?.

Jan is right in that this is a matter for the I.P concerned but that there is scope for an allowance to be made.

I am not part of any anti smoking brigade. I think its reasonable to include an allowance for smoking,my wife has that allowance in our insolvency in fact.
I used to follow my football team both home and away for years before I became insolvent. I have had to curtail my following somewhat due to the fact that I cannot afford to do it now(and couldnt then but plastic helped to fund away trips nicely).
Many people who do not smoke will see it as unfair that an allowance can be made for what they will see as a luxury,especially when they are forced with rising costs for basics like food and fuel.

If you found my post offensive then I apologise wholeheartedly.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

parjay

Post by parjay » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:14 pm
I found broke of london was just stating that some people are moaning that they could not feed there kids but still smoke well thats not me my two little ones come first thanks for all the replies guys

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:30 am
Parjay, BOL was just making a general comment - she was not aiming that at you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
33 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “talking about ...”